Steve Booth

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Deacon-bro

Steve Booth

Post by Deacon-bro »

I noticed him in the program at the weekend photographed with sponsors. Does anyone know what he is doing at the club?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

He was at the ground on Saturday and at the Sale match, he was also interviewing players at the final at Twickenham, seemed to be working for a radio station then, not sure why he is at the ground so much though.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Did a couple of games commentating at the back end of last season; someone mentioned he might be in the pub trade?
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

We had the VIP day in the Underwood suite on Sat. and Steve was the MC. It was good to see him again. You might all like to know that we sat next to 2 guys in the Aand L STAND who were clearly on a co. freebie and knew nothing about rugby . In the end i was so fed up with them i told them if they didn,t switch off thear mobiles i would insert them in a useful compartment. They then spent the rest of the match drinking, with no idea what was happening on the field. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ALECW wrote:We had the VIP day in the Underwood suite on Sat. and Steve was the MC. It was good to see him again. You might all like to know that we sat next to 2 guys in the Aand L STAND who were clearly on a co. freebie and knew nothing about rugby . In the end i was so fed up with them i told them if they didn,t switch off thear mobiles i would insert them in a useful compartment. They then spent the rest of the match drinking, with no idea what was happening on the field. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Where in the A&L ?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

Row H seats 47 and 48
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Actually I once ended up in a corporate hospitality thing at Tigers against Bristol last season. Man, did we get trashed. Rugby was good too, I don't remember a great deal of it.

Anyway, that evening as alcohol had totally destroyed any inhibitions I had I went up to a number of players for a chat. Stevey Booth was there and looked pretty sheepish as nobody appeared to know who he was. Everyone was flocking around Geordie and ignoring Steve so I went up for a chat. Seemed he was eager to play for Tigers again but it was pretty doubtful in his eyes. I think he ended up putting me in a headlock. Top bloke though. He'd be more than welcome back at Welford Road.
JB

Post by JB »

He was on rugby hour on radio leicester this week. you can listen to on the bbc website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... efault.stm
JB, Stamford
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

He has become a bit of a regular on Radio Leicester's matchday commentaries.