Worst debut ever?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Jango (James Forrester) was MOM for Glaws...throughly deserved.
He was everywhere there was trouble.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Paul Burke

Post by jack »

Not saying I would have signed him, but the poor bloke was on a looser to nothing.
Tigers - true Champions!
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

Actually Silens was really impressed with Glaws as a whole. Some exellent
young players and the backs looked far more potent than ours! esp without
the likes of Lamb, Balshaw,Tindall! What Tigers would do for a player with
Lamb's potential.

Notable performances for Tigers- Chuter great support play and deserved
man of the match, a difficult award for a hooker to receive! Hipkiss played
well strong running throughout, and Vesty!! what a deceptive player!
Does not look much (no offence) not great speed or power but very
good rugby brain and seems to just glide past players! loving it!!
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Pat Howard inquired after Ryan Lamb when he was still in the A Games...soon after Dean Ryan gave Lamb at shot at the first 15!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Funny how people moan about Goodey such a lot, but when he gets subbed late in the game and Burke doesn't instantly score or succeed with drop goal attempt, then Burke is the worst ever etc etc. Sometimes I wonder just exactly what people on here do want? We've got what/who we've got - get behind them and give them a chance!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

I knew this kind of twoddle would appear. True Burkey didnt cover himself in glory for the 10 minutes he was on the field. So 10 minutes is all you give a man before judging him as a Rugby player. How very open minded of you :roll: He will be the 1st to put his hand up & admit he made mistakes, he is an honest player. I'm sure that during the season he will have games where he will do very well. I hope his detractors will aknowledge him then. Remember before you start going on about the best club in the Country....Could of signed a better player blah blah blah. That Paul left the European Champions to come & play for a team that hasn't won anything for the last 4 years. He could of gone elsewhere as 1st choice but chose to come & help you lot out, give him a break. I'm sure he will be determined to put the game behind him & show what he can do.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I have never liked Burke as a player, but I agree with your comments Steve, very accurate.

Didn't see or hear his performance, and so will save judgment until I have seen him. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

I'm sure Burke's pay cheque was more important to him than his desire to help out the poor chaps at Leicester Tigers :lol:

Agree though. Can't be too critical of a guy who got 10 mins against a team that had Tigers on the back foot when he came on for Goode. He'll have match-winning days and he'll have worse days.

Personally, I'd like to see Humphries start a few games at 10. He's more creative than anything else we have in the backs at the moment so give him a chance.

Forrester and Richards by far the best players on the day, and Bortolami secured good line-out ball to keep Tigers out at the end.
Nick46
Tiger Cub

Post by Nick46 »

Even as a Tigers fan, Forrester definitely man of the match for me, although it was a tedious game. The most positive thing about it was that Peter Richards is no longer wearing white boots.
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

Well said Rizzo and Stevetelcom2000!

I like Paul Burke, and I rate him as a player - just because he had an off day (well 10 minutes in reality) - no need to slag him off.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with airing opinions (most of the time) - some of the individuals who post on here would do well to remember that the people out on the pitch are actually human beings - not robots. :twisted:
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

re home debuts

Jordan Crane looked solid and useful

Ayerza had a great game - destroyed Califano (although to be fair to Califano he is a better loosehead than tighthead) - and was very handy in the loose with a very high tackle count. - Our forward signings seem very good this year with a big thumbs up for Castro also - well done Cockers!

Consequently the fowards look good and once again dominated possesion

BUT ... the backs - same old story - without Gibson and once Rabeni left the field it all goes pear shaped - no forward momentem and defensive frailties.

Burke was not great but I agree a damn silly time to bring him on. But anyone who though Goode had a good game must be watching from a very different angle to me - once again all the problems stem from him. Gibson disguises this when he is on the field and relieves Goode of the decision making and clears up alot of the bad ball he is given - ie passes behind - too far in front etc - Hipkiss and Cornwall may or may not prove to be talented players but currently have niether the experience nor the skill to make up for the Goode factor - In addition his kicking from hand was once again poor and his place place it's usual inconsistency (missing three kickable kicks) which continues to put pressure on the rest of the team

For me it matters not if we play Goode or Burke - we're stuck with them for now - but if we cannot play Gibson because we need to accomodate Ayerza the we need to play Rabeni at inside Centre and pray he stays on the pitch
outwide

Post by outwide »

This sounds more like the ladyboys forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................