Cheers for a great day

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jim, the Glaws fan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Cheers for a great day

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

I'd just like to say how welcoming the Leicester supporters were around me and my mates yesterday in the Crumbie Terrace. It was a nice change to have all the one eyed banter going to and fro and admiration for each others play. Usually at Welford Road I find the one Tigers fan that thinks he knows it all (but clearly knows less about rugby than the wife's hamster!) and moans all through the game.
It was a great day, and I think on reflection, although either team could have easily won the game, a draw was a pretty fair result. Looking forward to your visit down our way in March. I hope that we can have a decent game, even if it will be without all our internationals.
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

nice one jim
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Unfortunatly I was in that part of the Crumbie terrace with a few idiots who thought they knew better and were constantly slagging off the Glaws players and being unsympathetic about our injuries ie when Haze was rolling on the floor in agony, told to stop wasting time and carry on.

Also had abuse shouted at me when I was walking back to the train station.

Although the match was one of the best I've seen for a while, I was really disappointed and left 2 hours early. If I come back again, I will not come by myself as was feeling quite intimdated at some points.

Saying that though, some lovely elderly gentlemen, Tigers fan, walked me from the station to the stadium and we had a very nice chat.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Sim
Super User
Super User

Re: Cheers for a great day

Post by Sim »

Firstly Jim i'm glad you had a nice day and thank you for your nice comments about us wonderful fans.

And Secondly
Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:Usually at Welford Road I find the one Tigers fan that thinks he knows it all (but clearly knows less about rugby than the wife's hamster!) and moans all through the game.
That sounds like someone who i sdee often at WR and hes a right muppet, always stood talking absolute rubbish and annoys everybody around him, im sure some of the regulkar terracers will know who i mean!!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Sim wrote:
That sounds like someone who i sdee often at WR and hes a right muppet, always stood talking absolute rubbish and annoys everybody around him, im sure some of the regulkar terracers will know who i mean!!
Me and my friends have come across someone like that a few times, we always wind him right up by half of us pretending to be american, and asking stupid questions to the other half about why the quater back sometimes looses metres gained instead of going for a first and ten from the scrimmage area by running it, or shouting "FIELD GOAL" when a drop goal or penalty is kicked. Fighting fire with fire, but the other fans around us get a laugh and have never complained about it to us.
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

cal wrote:
Sim wrote:
Me and my friends have come across someone like that a few times, we always wind him right up by half of us pretending to be american, and asking stupid questions to the other half about why the quater back sometimes looses metres gained instead of going for a first and ten from the scrimmage area by running it, or shouting "FIELD GOAL" when a drop goal or penalty is kicked. Fighting fire with fire, but the other fans around us get a laugh and have never complained about it to us.
I like that one Cal - Made me laugh 8)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I said it last season and I'll say it again. The stupidity levels on the terrace are reaching astronomical levels!

A few examples from Saturday:

Spreaders awards a scrum for accidental offside when Vesty runs into Murphy: "What has he given there??? Disgrace!! All he did was run into him!!" Er....

Penalty gets given against us from a breakdown. One of those where you'd have to be up close to have a clue what for: "Disgraceful decision Spreaders!! Linesman!! Have a word!! Whats your flag for???" Er.... judging touch?

And my favourite: "I reckon Goodey is missing them because he's wearing Reebok". Er....what??

Anyone with half a rugby brain who stands on the terrace will surely agree with me!
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Which end of the terrace were you at Iain?
Thats the kind of stuff I was hearing and I was on the terrace nearest the A&L stand.
I was livid with the some of the stuff that was being said about Hazell.

Unofrtunatly I shall no longer leave the safety of my dear old Kingsholm.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

That is a shame, Silens - and I was also at the A&L end of the terrace, if I'd known who and where you were, you could have come and stood with our little gang - they're biased towards Tigers, of course :wink: but in no way would you hear abuse for the other team or anything - and we've had some good banter and chat with visiting supporters (apart from a couple of Wasps people last season who blatantly turned their backs and ignored me when I said hello and may the best team win...)

Please don't feel intimidated, I am sure there are many on this forum who would happily drag you into "our" section and make you feel welcome - the twits are in the minority.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I have to confess I did have to ask my mate in front of me what had happened/why had a penalty been given etc on a couple of occasions, simply because neither my daughter nor I could see more than a couple of feet to the left of where we were standing (not our "usual place") I don't usually ask for explanations but when play stops and you hear a whistle but can't see why, it is nice to be able to ask someone who can see!

Incidentally, thank you to the gentleman on our left who spent the entire second half spreading himself further and further out, thus pushing my daughter into a smaller space as I could not move any further to the right. whoever you were, you had more than enough room. even for your head.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

No different to what is said in the shed then is it. They are just as bad if not worse.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Jen, sorry about your experience on Saturday. I only encountered one person who was annoying. Please don't let that put you off coming to Welford Road, we aren't a bad lot. And in the pub I went into with Kaye and John (Red Tiger), there was a great craic with the Gloucester fans.

I too would have walked you to the station like that elderly gentleman did as I am a gentleman myself!! Albeit balding!! :wink:
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

g wrote:No different to what is said in the shed then is it. They are just as bad if not worse.
And I've said many a time how much I hate the attitude of those who are like it in the shed.
I normally stand on the terrace at Kingsholm and we're all fine.

Thanks to everyone. I know it's only a minority of people, but when you're by yourself even that minority can be quite intimidating. Didn't stop me cheering for my team...I still have no voice.

Simon, I waited outside the ticket office for Kaye and John as was supposed to go for a drink with them but we must have missed each other. Thank you...he was very lovely!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I thought the shed was the terrace.