Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Toffee Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Saturday Marks out of 10

Post by Toffee Tiger »

Vesty- ok 6
Murphy- ok 6
Hipkiss- Nice try but defensively very poor cant tackle, Attacking still cant offload and wont pass poor 4
Cornwell- solid nothing special 5
Rabeni- Full of heart good try. I have me doubts that he wil last the season. 5
Goode-Playing better than last season but missed important kicks again. 5
Beamond-Didnt boss the game 5
Ayerza-Quite game didnt see much of him. 5
Chuter- Played well made big runs plenty of impact 7
White- Still cant see what he does 5
Cullen- looks a bit rusty 5
Hamilton- MOTM Playing better every week going to be a hell of a player 7
Corry-Out of position still not sure he is a leader/captain 5
Abraham-not sure ? 5
Crane- Needs to bulk up a bit 5
Match-two equal teams 6
Tigers - Disjointed lack leaders could have easily lost it 5
Crowd- very quite seemed to be expecting the worst 4
weather EXCELLENT 10
TTFN
tigermilo

out of ten?

Post by tigermilo »

I think you forgot to rate the coach! And if you were left puzzled by what Julian White does, you like me will be left utterly gbsmacked by his continued lack of strategy or plan!
When will our midfield actually work? When will he teach them how to tackle effectively? When will we actually convert pressure into points when we have our noses over the whitewash? we did it yesterday,like the last 10 mins against Bath in the HC , and we panic, throw appaling passes, and generally cock up. It's like they don't have any idea what to do. What does he do all week at oval park?
I said it last season, and I'm saying it again....He's not good enough! The sooner he gets back to the chemist's the better!
Before you ask, I don't know who to get in , but he MUST GO!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

guys I'll respect your opinions but i don't agree with rating each player .......... no 'i's' in team and each player has a responsibility.

we're not the force we once were, they didn't building rome in a day bla bla bla, so this will probably be our mediocre season........
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Superb, the first knee-jerk reaction of Howard out of the season, and all its taken is three games. Won one, lost one, drawn one isn't what we were hoping for but its hardly catastrophic. How do you put the action of sitting here gasping laughter shaking my head into words for use on a forum?
runnerbean

Post by runnerbean »

I think the reason tigers are so popular is the trauma, tension and the " well theres always next season" attitude that we seem to have.It brings people back. Having rated/slated tigers( i wasnt there so cant really rate) wouldnt it be better to rate both teams?
I dont agree with Corry at 6 but it gave Crane some time to play. Toffee, you say he needs to bulk up? Why not then play Crane at 6 and give corry his 8 shirt back. In regards to the Corry not being captain, why not say who you think should be captain, instead of moaning about how " bad" he is, then you could sort the problem. Imo Corry is a perfect captain as the players can look to him for support and he leads by example.
Many times he has had a great match but the team has lost. E.g this years six nations vs france. He came on after half time and restarted the game with a bang. But it was the team who lost. Same with the final at twickers. I think he is perfect for the job really. Can you guess im a Corry fan ?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Hi Nik - interesting response about player ratings. Plenty of other sites do them, and I know that the BBC does them for 'big' matches, so on balance I think they're justified (provided they're not just a '2/10 - absolute :censored:' type comment). But I do see where you are coming from.

Hi Iain - I agree that calling for Pat's head on the basis of 3 results is a little odd. That said, maybe tigermilo was one of those calling for Pat to go last year (and there were some), in which case their post was far more reasonable than perhaps appeared. Not that you may agree with it.