Man with the mike

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigercastben

Post by Tigercastben »

I think too much has been made of people like myself suggesting Kasabian. It misses the point that what we really want is some decent music, and yes i know there are people of all ages so play some classic 60s % 70's stuff not a prob infact i love alot of that stuff and have no objections to beatles, Stones, Dylan ,Hendrix. Just saying lets here a bit of quality. 'Times are a changing' as Bob Dylan said and i think there should be something for everybody and not the same repetitive carp every week, is everyone not tired of tigerfeet for the 750th time? The idea of no music to me is horrible, infact i wouldn't mind music during the game so i can't here all the whinging,moaning know it alls behind the terrace in the crumbie seats!!!! :D
Please visit us at http://tigerscast.net
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

email your choice of 5 songs in, I put the email addy in my post previously. It does work, and not only do you get your name announced and your choice played, but they put it in the programme too :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Louis Cipher
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Louis Cipher »

Ben

Not quite sure which planet you are on but I've not heard Tiger Feet @ Welford Road for ages. And then it was only after the game as I left the ground. Maybe you're listening but not hearing?

:twisted:
I'm a little devil
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

Louis good comments on us whippersnappers! I enjoyed reading
your post on us knowing 'Jack' on Leicester music. I have
heard of englebert his house in Leics is not far from me
(market harborough). Showadaddy was the band i had not
heard of and i have been informed they were a half decent
band in the 70's (not an invite to played at welford road)!!.

Regarding 'Family' I found them on myspace and listened
to some of their music very... 'hippy'. For that to be played
when tigers go on to the field, tigers will need to have flowers
in their hair (prob look normal on abrahams) and more
likely hug the opposition than tackle them! THis is Rugby
motivational music only!!
Louis Cipher
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Louis Cipher »

Lufbratiger

I've listened to Clubfoot again and it's just not growing on me

Englebert. Tigers could always run out to "Please release me" or "The last waltz"

But then again, maybe not

Showaddywaddy, whilst good were a rock'n'roll revival/covers band along the lines of Sha-na-na. Not really right for Tigers

Family where not hippies. "My friend the sun" was a light ballad but "Burlesque" , "In my own time" & "It's only a movie" where all up tempo straight ahead rock songs about drinking and copulation. Chapman and Whitney later formed a band called "Streetwalkers". They had a song called "Chilli con carne". Tigers could run out to that. :twisted:
I'm a little devil
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

just for the record, Showaddywaddy are still touring, still playing great rock and roll music.

try looking up Diesel Park West - well worth it
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Anything is better than SRS
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

k1 wrote:Must say I've not warmed to him just yet. Couldn't give a monkeys about the City score. That half-time thing with the seats is a bit corny but I guess its pretty fun if you're the winner!!

What I'd like from the announcer is for him/her to get the crowd going during the match. I know this may be perceived as unfair to the away team but I think it would create a better atmosphere. In the HC game at the Walkers Stadium last season the announcer did it quite a bit and the noise was awesome for most of the 80 minutes.

:D Couldn't agree more with your comment about the seats thing being corny. It's not as if we need to encourage match ticket sales.
The older I get the better I use to play.