Man with the mike

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Get rid of the music full stop - let the crowd create the atmosphere - and whilst we are at get of the stupid game at half time it's a real conversation killer and completely patronising like most attempts to "liven" things up - Put someone with some personality and a sense of humour on the mike .. like Tudor Thomas..... Ok tudor I am sure is enjoying his retirement ... what about Matt Poole .. i always quite enjoyed his mit from the field a couple of seasons ago
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

personally I wouldn't think the majority of Tigers fans in the stadium would know who Kasabian are - judging by the seeming age of a lot of them. I haven't really any preference for their stuff, but I will say that I personally would NOT like live music before or during the game - it's not American football and it wouldn't feel right. And leave Smoke on the Water alone!! It was good enough for Johnno, it's good enough now - and an utter rock classic.

If you dislike the music they play beforehand, then do as I did last season - email and put in your request for the "Tight Five" to be played before the game. You can choose more or less anything.

I believe you email [email protected] with your suggested five tracks and your details.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Never mind the bloke on the mike - but bring back Tudor if you ask me. What we really need is a decent PA. I stand on the terrace aroung the 10meter line A&L end of the ground and I can't hear a damn thing he's saying anyway and I'm not that old that my hearings gone either. If memory serves me right the PA was upgraded in 1999 along with the floodlights for the Tonga / Italy world cup game.

Now for a club that that made over a million quid last year and didn't spend any of it on decent new signings you'd think that Peter Tom & Brace would loosen the purse strings and spend some of the hard earned money we donated to the club in the vain attempt that we might win a trophy to get a decent PA.

Mind you they may be waiting till the ground is expanded and put a new one in then, but I won't hold my breath over that one.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

SilensFatuus wrote:What was with turning up the music everytime the Glaws fans cheered for our team.
Very immature and childish and apprantely a regular thing.
Spent 5 hours travelling all together yesterday and couldn't even make my support heard properly.
Agree with you on that SF - struck me as bad manners to our visitors.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

Rizzo wrote:personally I wouldn't think the majority of Tigers fans in the stadium would know who Kasabian are
But they're all big fans of Secret Affair and Black Sabbath are they :roll:

Time for the music to be updated IMHO - Kasabian seems a damn fine shout as it links nicely to the City of Leicester.

Club Foot gets my vote 8)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

If it was up to me (which it isn't) I'd have Smoke on the Water when the team run out and that's it. No "warm up" music, no music playing during the half time break, close with Shiny Happy People if we win, nothing if we don't. To be honest you can barely hear the music anyway - at least on the terrace - and no one seems to take any notice of it - not even the mascot!

No, I wouldn't want Kasabian, nor Club Foot (yes, I've listened to your link, thank you) and neither would I want some of the other stuff that's been played. I had my Five choice last season and if it hadn't been for prior warning I doubt I'd have noticed they were playing my choices. Not the fault of the PA or SRS or Dr Soul - just the noise around me.

Kasabian are local, sure. So is Engelbert and so are Showaddywaddy - why not include them? John Deacon of Queen came from Oadby - have some Queen - what about Diesel Park West? you're never going to please everybody!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

Bring back Sam R-S. He was great on the mike. :D :D :D :D :D :D
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Have you ever sat / stood in a sports ground anywhere waiting for the action to start and thought: "As I'm waiting here, why don't they play me some music, that I might not like, over those awful speakers?"

No never.

Have you ever thought: "How about a loud 10 minute competition that I have a 1/16,000 chance of winning?"

No never.

I do like cheerleaders though. But that's just me.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Toons

Post by jack »

Agree with lots of the above points. Like Smoke on the water tho. However, will try to pursue the major works of Kasabian, now I know they come from Leicester! Missed the happy shiny people!
Agree tho, generally the music choice is dismal. (Jack, age 57!)
Tigers - true Champions!
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

Hey Rizzo well placed arguments for each side!
sorry to offend the smoke on the water song i never said it was bad,
it is a classic, but every time i hear it i imagine some dodgy 70's
wrestlers are coming on to the field!. :lol:

I'm proud to say tigers and kasbian are from Leicester as you have
mentioned we have defo not much to show musically re englebert and showdaddy??
never heard of them?

Club foot is a cocky and arrogant song just how tigers should feel when
other teams come to OUR ground and the song is catchy too! Maybe
Iain could put this to a vote? :wink: May become generational though,
my dad although he likes Kasabian, would never vote for a song from
my generation against his on principal!!

ps thanks Rizzo for the info regarding John Deacon I never knew
that! :D
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Kinoulton wrote:Have you ever sat / stood in a sports ground anywhere waiting for the action to start and thought: "As I'm waiting here, why don't they play me some music, that I might not like, over those awful speakers?"

No never.

Have you ever thought: "How about a loud 10 minute competition that I have a 1/16,000 chance of winning?"

No never.

I do like cheerleaders though. But that's just me.
Not afraid to voice my support for some Tigers cheerleaders :lol:

Keep the music when they run out but how about War "Why can't we be friends?" :wink:
Louis Cipher
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Louis Cipher »

Kasabian - Klubfoot?

What tosh

You young whippersnappers know jack about Leicester music. Englebert Humperdink has sold 10s of millions of reecords. Far more than Kasabian ever will. But I wouldn't want to hear him.

Now THE Leicester band, FAMILY, now there's a band we should here more of. Maybe the team can run out to Burlesque?

If you want to hear Kasibian or any other tunes, write to that Doctor Soul bloke

BTW, what have Black Sabbath got to do with anything? Not heard the Sabbs @ Welford road for years. :twisted:
I'm a little devil
Louis Cipher
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Louis Cipher »

Oh and I did laff when I read the post from the Glaws fan about the music being turned up when they where cheering.

At Kingsholm it not unusual for the Shed to bawl and scream at an opposition kicker as he is taking a place kick. " You W" (rhymes with anchor) they cry.

Please remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the speck of dust from ours :twisted:
I'm a little devil
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bad feet

Post by jack »

Day off tomorrow. Will attempt to obtain Clubfoot. Report back soon!
Tigers - true Champions!
ashby-ian
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashby-ian »

You can't take away "smoke on the water" in fact play it at each score. Its a real crowd pleaser, and our heritage.

When Kasabian have stood the test of time then they may command the same respect until then leave it be.