Man with the mike

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Carlaww

Man with the mike

Post by Carlaww »

Didn't rate the man on the mike yesterday, thought it intrusive to butt in with the city score during the match, half time would have done for those interested, also he didn't sound very interesting in what he was saying, would like to hear Ian C having a go, we all know he is a real supporter.
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

note he said " YOUR leicester tigers" instead of "OUR leicester tigers" or even just "the leicester tigers". did he even try to get behind the team and sound supportive.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Even better than that was...."Please welcome our visitors, GLOUCESTER !!".....cue a 5 minute wait before the team actually appeared in the tunnel !!! Perhaps we should give the poor bloke the benefit of the doubt....its all a bit confused at the moment, "Time for Action" was played too early, the mascot looks like a rat and even "Smoke on the water" seems to be different....as for the half-time "It's not you in the Crumbie seats.....!"...hmmm !
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Hans..."YOUR Leicester Tigers !"....very USA Baseball I thought !
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

give the guy a chance - he'll come right, he's better than Sale's commentator, he made an announcement just as Andy Goode was stepping up for a kick !!

anyway why does it have to be a male commentator?
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

What was with turning up the music everytime the Glaws fans cheered for our team.
Very immature and childish and apprantely a regular thing.
Spent 5 hours travelling all together yesterday and couldn't even make my support heard properly.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Yeh im not liking him either, who gives a damn about city, i bet they don't put our score over the tannoy when they're playing, the fans are there to watch rugby not listen to football.
boomshanka10

Post by boomshanka10 »

totally agree with all the points on here, i commented at the time about the city score and i feel sorry for all the Glaws fans making a noise,very very immature to keep turning the music up. Get a grip!!!!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

No wonder the atmosphere wasn't at its best turning up the music while the Glous fans were cheering. It takes two lots of fans to make a great crowd! Although there was definitely a lack of something on the pitch yesterday. I like to hear city doing well so it didn't really bother me announcing the score out.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Must say I've not warmed to him just yet. Couldn't give a monkeys about the City score. That half-time thing with the seats is a bit corny but I guess its pretty fun if you're the winner!!

What I'd like from the announcer is for him/her to get the crowd going during the match. I know this may be perceived as unfair to the away team but I think it would create a better atmosphere. In the HC game at the Walkers Stadium last season the announcer did it quite a bit and the noise was awesome for most of the 80 minutes.
Tigercastben

Post by Tigercastben »

Forget the pa what about the dreadful music churned out week after week? i recognise there are people of all ages at the ground but..........No Kasabian even though they're from round the corner and currently one of the top UK bands?. Seems like the cd never changes. 2 songs from this side of 2000 in the hour and a half before kick off??!! :? :?
Please visit us at http://tigerscast.net
Lufbratiger

Post by Lufbratiger »

Agree Ben! Smoke on the Water should be ditched too!
I am defo in favour of playing Club Foot by Kasabian
as Tigers run on to the field!. Smoke.. has no relevance to tigers
and Kasabian are possibly the biggest band Leicester have ever
produced!
Club Foot is a very uplifting and upbeat soundtrack
anyone who has not heard it http://www.myspace.com/kasabian
Just press play no downloading required.
shareholder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by shareholder »

BRING BACK TUDOR OR MATT or Both
old fart
Tigercastben

Post by Tigercastben »

Went to see Kasabian at Oxford St HMV, got a massive handshake from Serge and Tom as i was wearing my tigers shirt which they obviously recognised!! Amazed the Club hasn't had the idea of using clubfoot and also getting them live before a game?? Anyway i guess the exact choice of music is personal but the selection provided before games is truley dreadful, and yes that is an offer to select music on matchdays if anyone important is reading this!!!!! 8)
Please visit us at http://tigerscast.net