Indiscipline - the major weakness?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rockhound
Tiger Cub

Indiscipline - the major weakness?

Post by rockhound »

I have been reading with interest all the posts about yesterday's game and am getting frustrated that many peple seem to be missing what seems to me to be the major problem with Tigers - indiscipline. This is not a new thing, it has been going on for the last three or four seasons at least. Yes, I accept all the arguments that Tigers play very close to the rule line and, I will, on occasion join in the "if it had been anyone else..." cry. But our record seems to speak for itself. My memory is not great when it comes to stats, but didn't we lose a vital game to Wasps, even with a 3:1 try ratio, because of penalties? And that is just one example, yesterday was another.

Of course there are two parts to this - one is avoiding being penalised in the first place - partly an attitude thing - don't get wound up, and partly a rule-obedience thing. Secondly it is about ensuring that all penalties awarded in our favour result in points on the board. Let's face it, Andy Goode is a genius when on form but a nightmare when not.

I may be wrong on this, but it seems to me that this season there are 8 or 9 teams that are pretty much equal and so away wins will be rare. I can't help feeling that the key to victory will be always getting 5 points at home and always getting at least one point away. The teams that keep their heads and their cool away will be the ones that do best. Yep, I know that is obvious, but I find it irritating that people keep banging on about Tigers "not turning up" when in reality they are probably trying too hard, resulting in indiscipline and basic errors. That is the problem that needs to be addressed.

Is there anyone out there who can come up with stats on how many games we have played over the last few seasons where we have scored more tries but lost due to penalties or else where we have lost because of points racked up while one of our boys was sitting things out for 10 minutes?
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

ALREADY ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS, COME ON TAKE A FEW SECONDS AND LOOK BEFORE YOU POST, IT DOESN'T TAKE THAT LONG
rockhound
Tiger Cub

Post by rockhound »

Something`s are worth doing twice !! - its a shame it has`nt been taken onboard by the club - we may then put ourselves in a position to win more matches
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Now then Sim,
Don't you think that was a little unfriendly to a new member. There are more pleasant ways to say things you know.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I wasn't being rude, i was asserting myself and making a point. If rockhound was talking to his friends and they were discussing something, would he then start another conversation on exactly the same subject, no, so why do it on here.

By the way Roackhound welcome to the forum, im not trying to be rude but the thing is people end up typing exactly the same thing on two threads and it gets tedious as well as Iain having the moderate two threads instead of one.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Not only have the club and players failed to take it on board, :oops: but it seems not all the supporters believe it rockhound.

When crowds sing "same old Leicester, always cheating" dont you think that says something. :oops:
Tigers forever.
Becca
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Becca »

Ok we do have poor discipline standards. We got penalised yesterday at the Bath game quite a lot. If you looked a t the game properly however Bath where doing quite a lot of illegal things that were not being noticed. Its a fact that Refs have been told to keep an eye on us ever since Rob Andrew called us cheats a few seasons ago. Bath as they always do where palling the scrum down again and thins caused us to push it up and get penalised for it. Anyway the Ref was Dave Pearson. I was told by someone in the know that when Sale found out that Dave Pearson was going to Ref last seasons final they complained. Funny enough a lot of what they did was missed. Maybe we should;d complain when we have him next.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Well you can't blame the ref for missing things, Bath may have been playing dirty but obviously we were doing it so much that it took all attention away from Bath and secondly, Bath have obviously got it down to a fine art of cheating and not gettin noticed, obviously the difference between us and them.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Mr G wrote:Not only have the club and players failed to take it on board, :oops: but it seems not all the supporters believe it rockhound.

When crowds sing "same old Leicester, always cheating" dont you think that says something. :oops:
nothing wrong with a bit of cheating mate..... name a club/player who doesn't do it? its getting caught is the problem.... we seem to be getting caught more thats all... odn't do it right infront of the ref....

it was the same last season... we give away far too much on penalities... nothing wrong with the playing just sort the game out..... we did against sale... silly penalties on he first half sorted it in the second.......
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
soapinthebath

Post by soapinthebath »

Sim wrote:Well you can't blame the ref for missing things, Bath may have been playing dirty but obviously we were doing it so much that it took all attention away from Bath and secondly, Bath have obviously got it down to a fine art of cheating and not gettin noticed, obviously the difference between us and them.
we do have it down to a fine art with 14 of our players. excluding a mr Grewcock. however for once he did nothing wrong yesterday, it was Julian White that sat on him, and as he got up he gave a little hello shove, nothing wrong in that
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If Julian White sat on me I think I would give him a shove as well. :roll: