jonny wilkinson!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

jonny wilkinson!

Post by hodge »

is it me or does jonny wilkinson seem to be a rugby player in a footballers body

i mean how many games has he played and finished injury free on his day hes better than charlie but hes such a pussy!!!
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Hardly a pussy the reason he is in bits is because he has done so much takling. He hit harder and defended his channel better than any 10 I can remember except maybe the illegal Butch James. He has been unlucky aswel. Hve to say though think Hodgson has more pace and skill. If Wilkinson does get fit I fancy him at 12 outside Hodgson.
runnerbean

Post by runnerbean »

i dont agree with alot said in these posts.
Hodge: playing rugby takes alot out of you, if any1 else on these forums plays/has played will confirm.
When coming back from repetitive injury you cannot expect not to get injured from it, it will take awhile until wilko is fully injury free.

Mat: wilko at 12!?!?! he doesnt run enough at 10 to allow at 12 imo.
If he does become fit again and plays a great season i could see him playing some internationals/world cup at 10, but i agree about tackling.
Most players seems to want to run down his channel like they dont know about his good tackling!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

CH and JW are both excellent 10's, neither are 12's.

Charlie has that ability to keep out of trouble (was outstanding, again, today); poor Jonny is more physical and does not.

Fingers crossed that Jonny's injury isn't too bad (early indications are reasonably good, I understand), but Charlie is now undoubtedly England's #1.
Limey1966

Post by Limey1966 »

I think the time for JW to retire is on hand. According to Newcastle his injury is not a repeat of an old one but something new. Given his luck he's done, maybe he'll manage a few more games this season but if he doesn't stop now he'll end up with a serious injury that will affect the rest of his life. Better to keep your health, and move into coaching where I feel he has a lot to offer.
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

After his MOM performance yesterday, Charlie Hodgson must be well in the driving seat for first-choice England fly -half.
Shame about Wilko's injury, though.Obviously his body is not up to all the physical knocks of the game.
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

When in the last year or so has Charlie not been the first choice no10? Until a year or two ago I was one of the biggest critics of Charlie. So much so I could not watch Ghostbusters, Dragnet, or any other Dan Ackroyd film for fear of mistaking them and attacking the TV. But Charlie more than earned my current high opinion of him and most definitely earned the England 10 jersey.

No offence to Goodey, but there really isn't another English fly half challenging him. Jonny could challenge him, but for the obvious reasons he hasn't had the chance.
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan