Autumn Tests

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tom_Naz the Tiger

Autumn Tests

Post by Tom_Naz the Tiger »

This has probably been answered before but here goes...

Is there anyway to get hold of tickets for the Autumn Tests at Twickers? (in particular Eng v SA)

Does it make a difference at all that im a ST holder??

Thanks in advance
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Tests

Post by Dave Angel »

Tom_Naz the Tiger wrote:This has probably been answered before but here goes...

Is there anyway to get hold of tickets for the Autumn Tests at Twickers? (in particular Eng v SA)

Does it make a difference at all that im a ST holder??

Thanks in advance

Basically, if you are not willing to pay hospitality prices for tickets, the chances of you getting any for South Africa are zero.

However, as an ST holder, your chances do increase slightly...to ALMOST zero!

In with the last newsletter was an application form for England tickets. You can apply for up to 2 tickets per International (at £70 each plus an admin charge) through Tigers but you still have almost no chance of being successful in the ballot.

Tigers have over 13,000 ST holders and only get a few hundred tickets per game so you can guess the odds of you "winning" a pair!

If you are successful in the ballot, you will only find out a week of two before the match anyway when the tickets arrive in the post.

In summary, no, you aren't going to get tickets via Tigers, even if you are an ST holder.

You may be able to get tickets for the Argentina game through Ticketmaster nearer the time as I expect a handful of tickets for that game will go on public sale but even then you'll have to be quick! None of the SA or NZ tickets will go on public sale though.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I have been a season ticket holder/club member for about 12 years now,and almost every year I have applied for 2 international tickets for every match. So far, I have been successful ONCE. That was for a South Africa match actually, 2 years ago when Henry Paul had his one good game for England. It was pricey, but it was a cracking day out. When I got home that night I found out that I had been robbed, but I don't think that that had anything to do with the match.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

westy154 wrote:When I got home that night I found out that I had been robbed, but I don't think that that had anything to do with the match.

Maybe it did. Have you SEEN the price of England tickets?!?

£70 each? Sounds like daylight robbery to me! :lol:
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Dont worry BelperJon I hadnt forgotten! Wouldn;t miss that!

Its just that iv got a SA housemate and really wanna go!

A little while ago a got some sort of application form through the post, and it said tickets were 40-50 quid. Would this have been another ballot.

Might sound a silly q, but where do all the tickets go if its impossible to get them??
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

They go to other rugby clubs.

If you think that all RFU-affiliated rugby clubs can apply for tickets, as can RFU-affiliated schools and Universities, each wanting as many tickets as possible, you can see very easiy why none ever go on public sale.

It's not just the Premiership clubs who can apply for England tickets.

Even your local league sides can apply for a handful of tickets for their members/sponsors/players etc if they are an RFU-affiliated (ie "proper") rugby club.

With only 76,000 tickets available, that's not many each, even before taking out those given to sponsors, officials, the away side, former Internationals etc
Tom_Naz the Tiger

True. But i only want two lol! So when does the club ballot take place then?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Dave Angel wrote:They go to other rugby clubs.

If you think that all RFU-affiliated rugby clubs can apply for tickets, as can RFU-affiliated schools and Universities, each wanting as many tickets as possible, you can see very easiy why none ever go on public sale.

It's not just the Premiership clubs who can apply for England tickets.

Even your local league sides can apply for a handful of tickets for their members/sponsors/players etc if they are an RFU-affiliated (ie "proper") rugby club.

With only 76,000 tickets available, that's not many each, even before taking out those given to sponsors, officials, the away side, former Internationals etc
Actually from 5th November the New Zealand match all the South stand seating will be open so it is actually 83,000 :P
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Do you think this could make a difference at all in peoples chances of getting tickets?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

No not at all, of course there will be another 8000 tickets, but that is just a drop in the ocean when you take into account the number of clubs after them, not to mention the dreaded corporate pool.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Dam. Well if anyones got any other ideas im all ears.

Other than trying to hide under a seat all week lol!

Actually im not that desperate to see us lose...
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Dave Angel wrote:Maybe it did. Have you SEEN the price of England tickets?!?
Nah, I blame the little sctores who live near me who find it easier to steal other peoples stuff than it is to get there own...

Didn't detract too much from a really good day out. I still have a photo I took of that day up on my wall here at work.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I got my tickets and confirmation about 3 weeks before the event.

The big clubs like us do get more than the little grass roots clubs, but as has been metioned, the allocation is spread very thinly over all clubs and affiliate organisations. I was more than grateful to receive mine!
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

It may be worth contacting a local rugby club. My club gets a good allocation and not many of the club members go to the internationals, partly because the England tests are on Saturdays and we also play on Saturdays. I'm going to the NZ game because it's on a Sunday, and we've not had many takers for the Argentina/SA tickets (both tests). The left over tickets will be sold by our club through reputable ticket vendors.

Local clubs are willing to take their allocation so they don't get refused in the future, and the left overs get sold for the ticket price (we don't want to make a profit).
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Not an option for me at the mo, as im currentky on work placement away from uni and home, so nowhere near my local rugby club so im not a member this year.

Bingham Tiger is there anyway you can get hold of tickets for me and sell them on, or possibly let me know if/when the get passed on to a vendor?