Rabeni is back

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Rabeni is back

Post by mightymouse »

I think there one or two queries recently - that Seru may not be up to it any more

I think he answered that in spades yesterday

The whole team performance was very pleasing yesterday except for a couple of individuals that could do with improvement (I will not dwell on that here) - The forward effort was magnificant and so far removed fro that performance in May it is staggering we we watching the same teams. Sale we know are a damn good outfit and as good a set of forwards as we will meet. I thought Castro was a great additition, strong in the tight but mobile in the loose and got through an immense amount of defensive work.

Corry was deservedly MOM for his leading from the front and Geordy, Jennings, Gibbo were all superb. It's wonderful to see Ben Kay back to his best and up for it and young lads like Cornwall Hipkiss and Croft all coping well. also nice to see Henry trying to find some fitness and getting back on the mend (I wonder how Lund's head is today - it must have felt like he was run over by a truck!!)

BUT for me the game started to really turn our way when Seru came on - His combination of Skill and power is a revalation and what out backs missed most of last year. he was so hungry for the ball he was involved in everything and wanted to be - I loved it - His off load pass to Corry was a beauty and caused so much panic in Sales defence that Jones had to tackle off the ball and ended in the bin. That in turn led to the penalty try because they could not hold us with 7 men (although Whitey's targeting of Bruno in that series of scrums on the line was text book tighthead work and a joy to behold - and Sheridan's inability to defend his hooker confirms what I have always said about Sheridan - Powerful but clueless - a weak scrummage bully but not up to it against the class props)

I watched the recording of the match when I got home and we even were better than I thought watching it live - at the match it seemed we were playing really well but it was close - watching it back and listening to the "neutral" commentators it was suprising how much we dominated

Good start - let's hope we can keep it up till May - God that's seems a long way away!!
wzevon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wzevon »

Yeh delighted to see him back, and so much more positive than his few runouts last season. Love the dreads too!
But ......"In spades".....!!!! not so sure LOL
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

"In spades"

Oxford english dictionary definition - " slang - to a high degree, with great force"

I can assure you that any other interprutation by anyone else was not intended or even thought of by me!
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

He's clearly been practicing with Murphy over the summer with the little behind the back and round the player passes. Good to see a bit more creativeness in the backs.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)