Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

its a puppet.....

amusing grown men and women talking about a mascot...... :lol: :lol:
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Welford and JT looked more like a cross between Garfield and Sonic the Hedgehog. They definitely looked the worse for wear when one of them appeared at the Toulon game, dirty and the costume looked as if it was falling apart.

I have some photos of the old Tigerman somewhere I think, if I can find it I'l upload them and add a link.

The new Tiger looks fine to me, certainly more like a TIGER which is what we want! The head looked as though it wasn't fitting correctly, he had trouble seeing where he was going a bit I think.

But would you really want a mutant camel with a fez or a thing that looks like the Great Gonzo and claims to be an insect??? :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I want Glaws to have a mascot :cry:
I will give my impartial opinion on the Tigers mascot when I'm up there for the Glaws game!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

I think the new mascot should be called Colin. :)
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

Yeah thanks for that Countess!!! :x

I refer back to my earlier comment, our mascots really need to pull their finger out.

I remember the days when Welford and JT had some enthusiasm, and entertained the
crowd but over recent weeks they just seemed happy to plod on. Only the other week
at the Middlesex 7s they were sat on the side lines right in front of us watching the game (yeah ok why not it's one of the perks isn't it?) But the number of 'other' fans sat
around me couldn't believe it, most of the other mascots were really playing up to the
crowd, not ours though I didn't feel I could defend them, shame :oops:

Back to the new one, he/she really needs to liven up a bit, wearing a costume like that where only the chosen few know your real identity is just a passport to muck about and really make an exhibition of yourself.

Standing on the spot swinging your body from side to side reminded me of a young
child stood with their mum in a supermarket bored cause she's been chatting to a
friend for the last 20 minutes!!!!!!
Wigstontiger

Post by Wigstontiger »

I thought the new mascot was great - a big improvement on the awful pussycats that were an absolute laughing stock. I would like to know its name though.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I remember the days of the old manky one (back in the amateur era. Now THAT was a club mascot!A face that used to scare small children and wildlife, a body so scrawny it looked like he hadn't eaten. Ever. And towards the end, somewhat moth eaten. Wasn't he changed when a group of Sale fans stole his tail after a match?

The 2 tabbys were dreadful mascots, far too cartoonish. It is the person inside though that matters. And ours have always been too reserved and shy. We need someone with a bit of a spark and energy, that is what makes a genuinely good mascot.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

The new mascot is a lot better, i can't believe people are moaning about it & wanting the pussycats back, all people have been doing for the past few seasons is moaning about jt & welford, there is no pleasing some people :wink:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

westy154 wrote:I remember the days of the old manky one (back in the amateur era. Now THAT was a club mascot!A face that used to scare small children and wildlife, a body so scrawny it looked like he hadn't eaten. Ever. And towards the end, somewhat moth eaten. Wasn't he changed when a group of Sale fans stole his tail after a match?

That was Tigerman and yes that was why he was changed. Anyone else remember during a minutes silence during a live game when the camera panned over to him looking mournful. You'd have to have had a heart of stone...
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

The only time I saw Johnno and the entire ABC club crying... :wink:
peeje

Post by peeje »

:lol:
scrumhalftiger

Post by scrumhalftiger »

any1 got a pic of it btw
Ellis out to Goode to smith back to Goode Drop Goal!!!!!! Tigers beat wasps 101-7 to win the premership title
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

on behalf of my wife, I want to voice concern over the demise of the pussies.

She asked who she should take this up with - I think she should voice her concerns at the highest level and pen a letter to Peter Tom. I am glad that she is worried about the important things !!! :wink:
Less is more....
randomlaughter

Post by randomlaughter »

BRING BACK LESTER

(who can make badges? we need campaign badges...)
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have to agree that the demise of the frosties ad one's is a blessing

The new one however looks a bit gormless

I also agree that they need to be a bit more animated

I understand that that animation of this type of costume is, belive it or not, a trained subject at drama school and when done well, it can be brilliant - if not done well it all looks a bit pintless - I suggest we look for an unemployed actor to employ who could bring it all to life.