Smith & Moody

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Smith & Moody

Post by bc »

I aplogise if there have been threads on this already but both Smith and Moody have not featured at all in the pre-season.
In keeping with Tigers policy of not keeping fans informed about players, I have just found out what Smith has been doing via the Daily Telegraph but does anyone know about Moody?
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

He has an arm infection that he caught on his honeymoon, should be back in the next week or two.

If I am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Why don't Tigers keep us informed about players, surely it cannot be a great secret?

They have always been poor at providing information unless, of course, it has sometning to do with getting money from us!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I am gobsmacked , they do listen! Well, that must be a first, well done Tigers!
When is Moody expected back?
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

There was an interview with him in a paper this week, and he said it could be next week.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Tigers are not always allowed to tell the public about the players medical conditions any more than your own doctor would disclose information about you and I.

Just because they are in the spot light dosent make them and different.
Tigers forever.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Not sure how you work that one. Firstly, Tigers have just updated us all on the website on absent players which is all I am asking for and is the first time Tigers have done this.

I am not asking for medical history etc but we did get updates on Matt and we were all told about Sale centre Todd fight with cancer.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Fantastic - I hope that they can keep this up. Well done Tigers.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

still not very detailed... on the bath site they have a 'physio corner' or something keeping everyone up to date on players... would be quite good for on here! not copying mind :wink:
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I know I sometimes bang on about sports in the states, but over there they have something called the 'disabled list'. Basically, if a player is injured and unavailable for selection he has to go on the 'DL', which is administered centrally, is in the public domain and is listed on the sports networks.

Strikes me as quite a good idea.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Without wishing to say anything against our North American Cousins - it is capable of being manipulated!!

Diplomatic sprained ankles??
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Well, if a team is found guilty of manipulating the DL, they get the book thrown at them. Particularly due to the DL being used when the bookies set their match odds !
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I did not mean that blatantly daily. But when a player is dropped through lack of form must be tempting to say he has a badly bruised finger nail!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Fair point Bill, but ultimately if he is on the list, he can't play, and all fans know it in advance. Which is good for all of us, and would do away with this thread ! :lol:

Also, I would say that coaches in the states are a bit more 'up front' about form. In my experience, if someone is struggling the coach is usually pretty happy to come right out with it !