Bath's View of Tigers Fans ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Bath's View of Tigers Fans ?

Post by dailywaffle »

Interesting thread on the Bath forum about the (apparent) lack of interest in the Bath v Leicester match. In particular, this post:

"....... several supporters I know don't want to ge to the Tigers match because they don't like the aggressive atmosphere and supporters they bring with them.

I think it's a shame, because they miss out on a unique match, but i have not taken my children to Tigers matches for a few sesons now because of the crowd dynamics."

Disappointing, if true, but has anyone else really noticed any 'aggro' down at the rec ?
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

rugby fans aggro? we ain't millwall! You'll find that Tigers v Munster has the most electric atmosphere because of the :censored: taking and banter between the fans.
I really dont know where these people come from! they watch 30 blokes beating the living daylights out of each other for 80mins and they think the crowd is aggressive!
Pie-eater

Post by Pie-eater »

Not been to the rec for a year or two but since the shift in power i would suggest the bath supporters are the ones upping the anti. many clubs fans want there team topple the big sides and show that on match day and i suspect its the locals who stir up the crowd more than normal.
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I seem to remember that we said the same about Glos fans a couple of seasons ago although I've never had any problems.

You'll always get one or two more 'aggressively vocal' fans trying to get themselves heard amongst the home fans and then the whole fanbase gets tarred with the same brush.

It's a bit of a blikered attitude but I wouldn't read too much into it.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

they're probably just a bit scared because we have more than 3 fans.
Wigstontiger

Post by Wigstontiger »

It's because it always rains!!
Never had any problems there myself, I've always found the fans very friendly.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

slightly confused. do you mean bath fans coming to welford or tigers fans goin to the rec??
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Red, they're referring to Tigers fans at the rec.

For info, same thread says that we have returned some of our ticket allocation (which we often do, I understand).
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

ah right, makes no sense to me cause i would assume only the more dedicated fans would trek to the rec ( i'm a poet and i don't even know it ) and that's suggested by the fact that we've returned tickets. i'm gutted about that cause i really want to go to the rec but money is needed elsewhere :roll:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

without reading all the posts I think it is because the cost is very high and you have to sit in the OPEN AIR, with no protection at all. It has to be the worst seating in the league. :lol:
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I think the honour of worst seating in the league has to be the South Stand at Quins. Completely uncovered, completely unsafe, completely awful, with duff views to boot. I suppose it rains more in Barf though.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Well I'm off to the Bath game and I am always very polite and lovely and clap oppostition scores and everything. They will love me and want to adopt me, but I will smile and say no thank you. I am a tigers supporter.

Is anyone else coming or are we all on our own!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Every time I have been to the rec it has rained. And the only tickets I could get were standing.

At least at Quins if you take out a mortgage you can go in the bars!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Gate wrote:I think the honour of worst seating in the league has to be the South Stand at Quins. Completely uncovered, completely unsafe, completely awful, with duff views to boot. I suppose it rains more in Barf though.
I completely concur. I sat there one Christmas time and it was quite simply the coldest I have ever been at a game. Thankfully we won on the day, I remember a tremendous sidestep from Johnno in the process of scoring!

However have they not redeveloped that stand? Or is it that that one is the next one they are developing?
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I think Quins are going to start redeveloping the South Stand mid-season - and they won't be using it for all games this season, just the ones that would be a sell-out of the other three stands. The new West (Lexus) stand has increased capacity a lot, I think. Pretty flash stand, too. I'm afraid I wimped out for the 23rd and went for tickets in the Lexus rather than go for the Tigers allocation, which is probably South Stand. (Block FB - I'll wave to anyone I see in Tiger stripes). I still remember getting utterly soaked two years ago, watching some dire rugby in a quagmire, sitting just in front of a Quins Mr Angry who yelled abuse at Backy for the whole match. First rugby match I took my son to - it's a minor miracle that he wasn't put off for life. :lol: