Bath's View of Tigers Fans ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I will happily report back following next weeks match - but I struggle to believe it to be true !!!
Less is more....
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

With regards to "aggressive" fans - although rugby is quite rightly renowned for having a well-mannered following, there will always be 1 or 2 idiots at every ground. In th ebar after a game last season a fellow Tigers "fan" took a swing at me cos I asked him not to push in front of me in the queue for drinks. Luckily he was so :censored: he missed :lol:
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bath's View of Tigers Fans ?

Post by Dangerous4 »

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this one made me laugh.

I've been to Bath many a time, but never saw any hassle.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

One of my favourite away trips because of the great atmosphere between fans and never seen any issues at all? :smt017
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Apparently there was a time when there were issues. This thread dates to 2006, we went to Bath in that season and had a good time with the Pasty Boys, repeated the other times we went. Never got any aggro at all, unlike Glaws.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I live just outside of bath and work in Bath and never have I had any comments or aggravation about being a Tigers fan. Most of my mates are Bath fans and they are enjoying their time above us...as one said “I am loving watching Tigers implode”...I asked when they last won the league...the silence was deafening. Love going to the Rec, iconic stadium that is great under lights. But our time will come again, and I will be wearing the Goldstar top with quiet smugness!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 pm I live just outside of bath and work in Bath and never have I had any comments or aggravation about being a Tigers fan. Most of my mates are Bath fans and they are enjoying their time above us...as one said “I am loving watching Tigers implode”...I asked when they last won the league...the silence was deafening. Love going to the Rec, iconic stadium that is great under lights. But our time will come again, and I will be wearing the Goldstar top with quiet smugness!
That warms the cockles o my heart. :smt023
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

My son lives and works in Bath and I have watched lots of games on the Rec in my Tigers jersey and never had any problems with their fans in or out of the ground.
It's a great place to visit for a break and to watch rugby.
It will be an iconic place to watch rugby when they finally get to develop their stadium and will probably be the best premiership stadium in England.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 pm I live just outside of bath and work in Bath and never have I had any comments or aggravation about being a Tigers fan. Most of my mates are Bath fans and they are enjoying their time above us...as one said “I am loving watching Tigers implode”...I asked when they last won the league...the silence was deafening. Love going to the Rec, iconic stadium that is great under lights. But our time will come again, and I will be wearing the Goldstar top with quiet smugness!
Likewise.
Its just banter. I wear the stripes in Bath and Bristol. Its like having a baby or dog. Its an opener for Rugby chit chit.
I go to the Rec with workmates me in Stripes - they in hoops - Banter, Beer and Bragging. - No harm no foul.
Some Bth fans are point scoring some are sound in their opinions some are just confrontational.
No different to MESSAGEBOARD
Rec - wet and cold
Ashton gate - comfortable - empty
Welford road - HOME
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Crickey, just saw this thread and thought DW was back posting.

Considering there are threads that are still active from 13 years ago, some housekeeping might be in order haha!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Old Tight Head
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Old Tight Head »

I've never seen Tigers lose at Bath. Mind you, I haven't been for a while...
Cut me and I bleed red, green and white...
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I wonder what their fans think of us today? I can see them now, laughing over a pint or two. :smt022