The fairy story re Sale

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

The fairy story re Sale

Post by salcombe bob »

have a look at the Sporting life.com site-rugby union which says Sale are a length ahead of anyone else!! They are not, they are ordinary and we would have beaten them at Twickers last season if we had played.

Let's put them in their place this Sunday. :lol:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Just so!!!

LET TIGERS ROAR!!!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes but...

Post by maskedsquid »

But we didn't play. We were in fact terrible. As ordinary as Sale may be, they were still far too good for us when it mattered. Which, sadly, makes us less than ordinary. Which is not a good thing to be.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

How can you guys say that Sale were ordinary last year ? They played very good rugby, deservedly finished top and absolutely thumped us in the game that mattered.

I'd be happy for Tigers to be that ordinary this year.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Insects were ordinary. Tigers and Sale were superb!!!
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

Mmmm I was at Twickers and I thought Sale looked really classy - even the mascot. True, Tigers didn't turn up on the day but Sale were still good. They did finish top of the league and that tells us everything about the quality of side. Let's not be complacent. We know that Tigers were left with a lot of work to do at the end of the season if this season is to glitter with silverware.

However, I think we can and will win - just. I've also taken some encouragement from an article in the Telegraph today abvout Varndell. It makes very good reading.

Time will tell.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

PlymouthPaul wrote:Mmmm I was at Twickers and I thought Sale looked really classy - even the mascot.
Noooooo not the Sale mascot!!! :lol:
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Wigstontiger

Post by Wigstontiger »

Not the mascot definitely! But the team ARE classy, they have quality in the forwards and the backs and I think they will probably be champions again unless they become complacent.
dozza

Post by dozza »

I agree with you PlymouthPaul. The thing that I was most disappointed about last year was not Twickers (I can accept we just had a bad day at the office) but the home tie against Sale. If we are honest they pretty much played us of the pitch and there were some interesting decisions from 'Homer' Honnis that I am sure that the Sale fans had a bit to say about.

That was last year, this year I think our pack will remember that bad day at the office. Sale are a great team but they are at Welford road facing a pack who I am sure are looking forward to the physical stuff. They had better get the ice ready!!! 8)
Lions Tour to SA '97. Why did it have to be Guscott with the drop goal?!!! It almost makes you wish that we had lost!!!