WILL HE OR WON'T HE?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PlymouthPaul

WILL HE OR WON'T HE?

Post by PlymouthPaul »

I notice from the Mercury website that Pat Howard may well stay at the end of the season and the board are optimistic that he will. I think it would be great if he stayed and hopefully trophies this season will prove his worth. BUT do we really need this 'will he or won't he' situation?
Wouldn't it be better for the club to get this issue resolved now and not leave players and supporters with an air of uncertainy about the future hanging over them and us :?: :?: :?:
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I very much agree with you, Plymouth Paul.

It would be very nice to see Tigers winning some more silverware this season. I am hopeful that Pat will stay longer from the reports I have read. But it would be better for the players and the fans for this issue to be resolved. It would leave all in a more positive frame of mind.

Whatever happens, Pat is a very honourable man and will leave the club in safe hands if he goes (which hopefully he won't).
dozza

Post by dozza »

Can't agree with you chaps more. Why on earth did the board / Pat raise the profile of this again? The season has not even started yet. It would be great to go through a season with the players concentrating on playing and not having further distractions. Do Tigers not have a press officer / team who should have stopped this before it was printed?
Lions Tour to SA '97. Why did it have to be Guscott with the drop goal?!!! It almost makes you wish that we had lost!!!
stupidrokchick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stupidrokchick »

I agree it's not a nice position for them to put the fans and players in but maybe he's doing it to make us get behind the team and get the players determination to win a trophy just in case it's his last year.
Dizzie Lizzie xXx
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Was this the Mercury stirring it or an announcemnet from Tigers as the regular season hasn't even started yet!?
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

It could just be a response to a question from the Merc. But rather than say the situation hasn't changed the club has said it will do all it can to keep PH and so giving the Merc a chance to flag this up as a change in thinking by the club.

Is it just a good story for the Merc or/and a sign of pressure being applied to PH or someone just pursuing their own agenda?
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....