Leicester beat Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Gate, how can Leinster be expected to beat London Irish without Brian O'D, Denis Hickie, Shaggy Horgan, Keith Gleeson, Girv and Gordon D'Arcy?

We had a 17 year old making his debut on the wing. And our outside backs (11-15) had 2 international caps between them (Kieran Lewis with 2 against Japan).

4 players were less than a year outside school. The fact that we controlled the opening half was quite an achievment.

It's not a success for centrally controlled contracts. Eddie O'Sullivan gets to keep the top 30 based players until round 6 of the Magners League. This means the boys are not match fit come the Autumn internationals. Stuck in a training camp for 10 weeks is not as good as competitive action.

On Friday October 6th, Leinster play Munster in Lansdowne Road, minus the mentioned Leinster stars, and ROG, Stringer, O'Connell, O'Callaghan, Leamy, Wallace, Horan etc. How can that be a success?

It's absolutely ridicilous.
Jesus said to John, "come forth and I'll give you a eternal life". John came fifth and won a toaster
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

he does speak sense... much as it pains me to say it!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Gate wrote:
Tiger Eye wrote:Photographed the game, got back from Cork to Dublin at 2am!

Good match.

www.rugbyunionshots.blogspot.com

Cracking picure of Vesty at the top, Tiger Eye.
Cheers Gate! - really appreciate you taking the time to look - thank you very much!
All the best.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

there were some good pictures alright. nice job!

European Champions 2006!
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Cheers Orla!
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Orla summed up the game right. The Tigers were pretty poor considering the Munster side were without at least 6 of their top players. No real decision making at 10 again and the ball handing while an improvement on the Toulon game it was not good. Tom V was not good, hope his confidence has not been too shaken since going to Aus? Chating with an un-biased guy (a referee) fron Warwickshire after the game he as I thought the Tigers and the Ref was pretty poor too. He also thought that several Tigers were lacking some pace. The Tigers will need to sort it out for next Sunday. Still the Guinness was good. Had a great night in the 'BRU' in Cork great band and singing.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

didnt want to moan about the ref too much, i hate doing that when my team lose. but he was terrible wasnt he? ya varndell wasnt great. all the munster fans near me were commenting on his speed, but sure there was only flashes of it, other than that he did very little. id be a little worried about the 2nd row aswell. next time ye play munster its DOC and POC like. they ll need to step up their game to compete with those 2!
the Brú is great craic. you found a great pub!

European Champions 2006!
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

Anyone know if Tom Croft got on?
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Don't abuse David Keane as a referee. I got my IRFU Schoolboy Refereeing licence off him about three years ago now. I never even used it, but his career has really stagnated. 6 years after covering his first ever Celtic Leaguer in Llanelli, he is still an amatuer referee. So take it easy on him, please :lol:
Jesus said to John, "come forth and I'll give you a eternal life". John came fifth and won a toaster
Tigernut

Post by Tigernut »

After Friday's 'performance' I can quite see why!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The future is bright -
It's green, red and white,
And Tigers rule club rugby.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I agree with Tiger Cam's analysis. Considering that it wasn't by any means a full strength Munster side, the result and performance wasn't the best. Good in parts but sloppy in others and gave away too much possession at the end for the late Munster try. It was nice to see Geordan get a couple of tries though, and Seru and Sam.

A big step up in performance will be needed next week against sale otherwise Tigers will get off to a poor start.