All blacks - rotation

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

All blacks - rotation

Post by banbury tiger »

What do any of you think about the all blacks squad rotation ?
some say that it is damaging them being able to make a team spirit and a solid unit who know each other, but that doesn't seem to be Henry's opinion ! :?:
Personally I think that they cantbe stopped with any of the 2 or 3 teams they might have :!:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The rotation ensures that they have a squad full of test quality players for the World Cup. They will deservedly be favourites in 2007 but I still have this inkling that they could implode at the tournament, a theory based solely on past performances. We have become all too accostomed to them being invincible before and during a World Cup only to blow it in the semi finals. As someone who used to live in New Zealand and who has a lot of ties to the country as a result I would love them to win it if England don't, but I still feel an implosion is not out of the question.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Very true Iain, but a trend can always be bucked. Maybe the next World Cup is there time!

I can't see England doing anything so I will put a small wager on the ABs.

Besides, if anyone can bring the glory back for the Kiwis, Graham Henry can! He is one of the best coaches in the world IMHO and is doing a superb job with this All Blacks outfit.
Lemmy

Post by Lemmy »

Hello Banbury Tiger,

I would have to agree with you there. The squad of players NZ has is immense to say the least.

Watching them in the Tri-Nations has been a pleasure. The thing that is most impressive about them, I think, is their ability to break from anywhere on the field.

I know this can be a disaster due to interceptions, the risk factor etc. but it is very entertaining to watch.

Regarding the WC, however, you just feel that they have a bad game in them particularly when it matters.

Looking forward to being proved wrong!! :? :?
Sport at all levels should be cherished and encouraged. Please support your local teams.