Confident?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

What are your feelings of the season ahead from what you have seen so far?

Very confident
19%
Confident, but I have a few concerns.
60%
I feel we could go either way
16%
I am mostly concerned
6%
I am VERY concerned about the season ahead
No votes

Total votes: 70

Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

I repeat what I said at the begining of last season "we will win diddly squat this season"
C'MON TIGERS PROVE ME WRONG FOR ONCE
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

westy154 wrote:...last seasons ultimate failure.
League Final... EC quarters... Mickey Mouse semis... 2nd in the League.

What a terrible failure :roll:

Tigers can and will do better this season. We have a stronger squad now (especially if you think about the younger players coming through which won't be included in the AIs and 6Ns). All you moaners, please go and watch Arsenal. :lol:
Bengoodman

Confident!!??!!??

Post by Bengoodman »

I really want to be confident! "But" Like G says, I do have concerns about ball handling, and after watching the 7's Final @ Twickers, I'm a tad worried about tackling. I do though(as I do every season) belive that if we can keep our heads in the final stages of big comps, we can do it. We have got a good enough playing squad, and coaching team to win everything going!
Let's do the TRIPLE!
Bengoodman

Post by Bengoodman »

O and I would like to say how much I agree with the "Wasp Squasher" that all away games should be banned. If that was the case, then my vote would of been VERY CONFIDENT.
Let's do the TRIPLE!
Keeno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Keeno »

I think we will be a lot more consistent with a fuller squad of new signings and young players being included in the first team squad but need to realise when theyre playing a big game so they play it at 100%
Shoved out! I'll work my way back up Karen n Sim!!
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Haven't a clue, to be honest.
Whilst we have some returning players, like Rabeni and Tuilagi, I have no idea whether they will recapture their previous forms, likewise Ollie Smith.
New signing, Castrogiovanni seems to have impressed so far.
Will the backs be better this year with a fit again Gibson( but a year older) and have we got a real world star player in the squad who can step up and lead?
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I'm not too sure how this season will go although I have the feeling it might be a lot like last season - I think we are still in the re-building stages and I'm not convinced that we will suddenly rediscover the big-game mentality which deserted us last season.

I would also like to see players picked on form and not reputation. I 'm not knocking Goode and Ellis but there were times last season when they just did not click yet their names were always in the XV for the big games (Bath / Wasps / Sale). Players like Scott Bemand and Oz were producing the goods but being dropped for the big games.

Please Pat pick the men in form!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

dear countess, that worries me too :lol:
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I predict third behind Wasps and Sale in that order with Northampton, Gloucester and Harlequins fighting it out for 4th spot

Unless of course we sign Dan Carter after Christmas and then I confidently predict 1st ............... well we can dream can't we?
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Very confident to be honest.

I have high hopes that the rotation system will be perfected this year, we still have strength in depth and also some very canny signings made. We could change the front row each game at half time without sacrificing quality.

Geordan is in superb form as is Rabeni, Varndell, Ellis, Vesty. Andy Goode looks great for losing the weight.

I am really excited I keep thinking about the squad and BRING IT ON.......
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Reasons to be confident:

1 - Good new signings. Crane, Castro, Ayerza all look like good signings. Crabe especially could be a revelation, the next Cozza if you will.
2 - Players returning from injury. Gibbo, Henry and Seru will hopefully have full seasons. We need them badly.
3 - The outside centre berth. Potentially with a revitalised Olly Smith, more experienced Hipkiss and Cornwell and exciting young talents like Matt Smith we could have four class centre's battling for a spot. Thats great news after last years fiasco at 10,12 and 13.
4 - We haven't got WORSE. Last season we bottled three games that if we had won would've completely transformed the complexion of the season. A decent 80 against Sale and we were champions. We weren't miles away from a clean sweep. A bit more luck and things could start going our way.
5 - Youngsters. Croft, Buckland, Smith, Cornwell, Hamilton, Hipkiss and co are all ready to show themselves. This could be their season.

Reason's to be pessimistic:

1 - Austin out, Burke in. So we replace our greatest, most flamboyantly talented player with Paul Burke, the dullest 10 in the history of rugby. This may cost us the season straight away.
2 - No flair back signing. We needed at least one exciting signing, possibly a winger to spark some interest and do something different. A Gollings, Amor, Bell or something similar would have been great. Nothing has changed in the backs. This could be a problem.
3 - Pat Howard. Great coach, but he's on his way out. This could be a good or bad thing in truth but I just hope the search for his replacement doesn't overshadow the season.
4 - I just read a bit in the Torygraph with the bloke who selects the music on matchdays. He reckons the average age of Tigers fans are 45 so I can guarantee one thing for this season, the music will remain complete :censored:.
King Kong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by King Kong »

The team is good and growing together. THe problem is so few have won really bid matches. If they get one big win they will be fine.