AND ANOTHER THREAD ON THE MATCH LAST NIGHT

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nik
Super User
Super User

AND ANOTHER THREAD ON THE MATCH LAST NIGHT

Post by Nik »

I have to say that I was disappointed at the turnout, there are more supporters that turn up for the Dev matches than for last nights friendly, so to those people that were a little ticked off at the result last season then I think the point has been taken and we need to get back to supporting the boys.

Toulon had a couple of easy interceptions that they scored tries from in the first half but our boys had to work for their points, but in the second half our guys trashed them.

Now I'm not saying any of our players were bad, but flippin' heck in the second half two players were in the thick of it at all times and that was Paul 'I'm already there' Burke and Harry Ellis, flippin' awesome.

Burke well what a player, I'm very excited at the thought of seeing him on the pitch next season, WELCOME TO THE FORTRESS BURKEY.

Harry, well I don't want to start the Ellis/Bemand debate again, but I rest my case, Harry won't be bullied and lays down his intent the minute he steps on the pitch... Scott played really well last night but the game turned when Harry came on, Harry was faster and sharper - that guys is MHO. GOOD ONE HAZZA, let's keep that ball moving as fast as you did last night and you'll keep the doubters at bay!

I'm looking forward to seeing our new Italian prop in the pack with turbo prop Holford, I reckon they will be a force to be reckoned with ..... good to see Seru and Henry back too.

BRING ON THE 3RD OF SEPTEMBER AND THE NEW SEASON - AND REMEMBER GUYS WE NEED TO BE LOUD NEXT SEASON - NOW STOOPING THOSE SHOULDERS IN DEFEAT, LET OUR BOYS HEAR US LOUD AND CLEAR.

COME ON YOU TIGERS
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Draw the line and start supporting the bOys

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Could not agree more. We were obviously all disappointed with the thre knock outs last season, although for me Bath was worse than Twickenham but this is a new season.
We should all get behind the boys and give then some real support. I saw a lot of evidence last night that some real effort has gone into the pre-season and we need to start right by beating Sale. That is the start we want and at Welford Road we can make a difference!
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

Ellis needs to stop doing those late tackles. A second or two out and we'll be playing with 14 men.
Ed
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Bud he was totally committed to that tackle, it wasn't late at all you could see that, it was in no way cynical. I thought he was awesome.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

I'm not faulting his commitment, I just think that if he keeps doing it he'll get himself into trouble
Ed
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I echo that Nik, I was very impressed with Burke who seemed far more than the one dimensional kicking machine that most on here were convinced we had signed. Great stuff.
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

i am so glad to be back down there!!!!
i had such a good evening even though i thought i was gonna get drenched!!!!!!!!

lookin well forward to this season
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Looking forward to it too Em.

See yer again soon!!!
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

Yes - Out of the two fly halfs - Paul Burke looked the better. Hamilton, Croft, Abraham & Crane - all had good games. Varndell showed some worrysome traits - the poor tackling - and what was the argey-bargey when Ellis collided with the hoarding at the A&L Stand end? It was a 50-50 ball and both players were entitled to go for it. Varndell had no right to start the strong arm stuff. He neds more time to mature methinks!