THE PRICE OF BEER HAS GONE UP!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Absolutely correct Jon. You should have been charged the price that was advertised by law. I work in a shop and if a customer came to the till with an item priced lower than what it should have been then they get the goods at the price shown on the tag if it happens to be lower than what it should be.

3 quid for a pint of beer thats scandalous. It just goes to show how long it's been since I went out to a pub. I remember the days when I went out with a fiver and still came back with change.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Very naughty!!

£2.95 is too much!!! I shall drink elsewhere - but then I have for years - at the Man at Arms!!!
Mich
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Mich »

g wrote:Absolutely correct Jon. You should have been charged the price that was advertised by law. I work in a shop and if a customer came to the till with an item priced lower than what it should have been then they get the goods at the price shown on the tag if it happens to be lower than what it should be.
It isn't actually quite that clear cut. A displayed price is merely an invitation to treat, and the product does not have to be sold at that price. In most cases the lower price is offered for that sale as goodwill. It gets more complicated if a price has been advertised externally because it gets into advertising standards, where the lower price [if correct] must be offered OR [AFAIK] the product removed from sale for a period of time [3 Months?].

Although £2.95 for a pint is madness.
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

Mich,
I think you will find that in licensed premises the tarrif has to be shown and adhered to, typically in Tigers bars the agency do not give a #*~* about anyone, and the Tigers management only seem driven by the dosh, gimme, gimme.
To rebel and show my feelings I have started to drink tea, "The London Cuppa" to be precise, its a damned fine brew and I dont fall over any more
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND
(don`t forget Sheila`s bread pudding)
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

On licenced premises the price list MUST be on view by law.

On the subject of prices charged in the bars I have complained many times about cost and quality.

If I am watching a game in the bar on the big screen I accept the price as the club do not cgharge extra for the viewing facility.

If it is match day I used one of the many excellent venues out side that serve a better quality product (in my case real ale via a beer engine) ant much lower prices for food and drink.

The choice is yours.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The bar staff last night were - shall we say - inexperienced. (I speak as someone who worked in and managed a bar for several years).

1. A barman was asked for a Smirnoff Ice (which they don't sell) He produced and handed over a pint glass full of ice with a shot of Smirnoff vodka.
2. A barman was asked for lemonade. He looked around vaguely for a bottle then announced they didn't sell it. The customer said "Yes you do, it's on the pump"
3. My Other Half went for beer between the two matches. He asked for a beer carried. The girl looked blank. He pointed to the grey cardboard drinks carrier at the back. She said "oh is that what they are?"
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

BelperJon wrote:I agree with you on this one, Rizzo.

The two times I went to get a drink in the ABC Bar I was served by the same barmaid (she was wearing an 'I am 20' badge). Her method of serving a pint of Guinness was to pour the first half (the pump delivers measured halves), wait just long enough to take my money and then stand the 'glass' on the drip tray and let the second half pour from a height of approx. 6 inches. Result - a glass of froth which eventually settled out to a 'pint' with a 2 inch head.

If the barmaid wants to see 21, she'd better either learn to pour Guinness properly or find another job.
:roll: She better have learnt how to pour Guinness by Oct 22nd thats all I have to say.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

i purchase a pint of bitter and a large lemonade and it came to £5.14p which i thought was rather steep.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

It strikes me that with the ash trays out and the old price lists that Tigers just haven't quite got them selves sorted yet for this season, im not saying thats ok just stating thats what i think is going on, by the Sale game im sure it'll all be in order.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

we brought in 3 cans of diet coke from a corner shop, cheap and cheerful and saved money. Other Half bought beer because he said it was compulsory! We also had coffee which was (a) awful and (b) expensive. Time to dig out the flasks again methinks.
Demelza - another Mother
Blob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Blob »

£1.60 for a 500ml bottle of Coke! its extorniate. I think i'll be bringing my own drinks in now

Edit: What on Earth? The most popular drink in the world is a censored word now! I get the Drugs connections, but come on by sensible....
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I think very soon Tigers will stop you bringing in your own food and drink. Well they seem to be banning everything else and obviously they want our money so that will be the next thing to be banned. Oh that, and farting, and breathing, and going to the loo, and whatever else they will find to put a ban on.
Last edited by g on Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

£5 to go to the loo???

As I have observed many times before I no longer eat or drink at Welford Road. I dine at the Man at Arms (with a glass of the black stuff) and puff my pipe contentedly!

Pople prepared to pay £2.95for a pint? Fine. Or £100 for buffet lunch in Crumbie lounge. Fine. Club makes money!

I bet you can smoke in the Sponsors Rooms!!!!
billy sugger

Post by billy sugger »

I remember a time when I said "If beer goes up tp 35p a pint I'll quit drinking!"

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
-- Frank Sinatra
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

the Other Half just reminded me of another classic our mate experienced at the bar on Friday at WR

us: "is Tiger the only bitter you have?"
barmaid "There's Carling..."

I rest my case
Demelza - another Mother