Wot they think of us in Northampton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

its quite true about us tigers fans! :lol: and so true about quins fans. it always surprises me aout how everyone, females in particular, dress up in their best gear ITS A RUGBY GAME!!! and then during the game they parade up and down and up and down and its just like sit down for gods sake you're in the way!!! really pee's me off!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

mrsmoody wrote:its quite true about us tigers fans! :lol: and so true about quins fans. it always surprises me aout how everyone, females in particular, dress up in their best gear ITS A RUGBY GAME!!! and then during the game they parade up and down and up and down and its just like sit down for gods sake you're in the way!!! really pee's me off!
Exactly! You should have seen these girls at the Sarries games, make up done up to the 9s, heels, and they never sat down or glanced at the game.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

You were watching them rather than the game??
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

They kept walking in front of me and getting in my way!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

You should be so lucky!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BrumJim2

Post by BrumJim2 »

OK, my effort at a response:

Sitting in Franklins Gardens is quite nice - when viewed in contrast to the disasterous '60's and '70's architecture around the stadium which most cities and towns have had the good sense to redevelop. Which at least has some character compared to the soulless '90's retail and leasure development where you have just parked your car.
After squeezing through the impossibly tight entrance designed to squeeze the breath out of even the most ardent fan, you then have a choice of bars, ranging from the pre-fab to the impossibly cramped and those spoilt by progress.
The game rarely inspires - the fans have a permanent look of desparation on their faces, and the team has the look and dynamism of a UN General Council debate.
All too late the game is over, and you trudge back to the car park, ignoring the neon pre-packaged food outlets all serving the same bland turbo-chef food, and regret your decision as you are stuck in a 2 hour queue trying to get out of the car park. Goodness knows how bad it would be if the football team that share the same side of town and so parking facilities started to play a decent team. But at least you are on the way home!
"And I've been supporting them every year since 1978."
"So you are a fair weather fan, then."
"Yes, I suppose!"
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Bill W wrote:You should be so lucky!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well to be honest I didnt mind when Ryan Lamb and Brad Davies walked past me and got in my way! Or Zara Phillips, but Mike Tindall could have moved out of my way, useless lump :P
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Not allowing away fans into the club house surely isn't in the spirit of rugby. Wasps don't allow fans in either,. Tigers at least let all and sundry into their bars and clubhouse so why not other clubs?

As I said this is not in the true spirit of rugby.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Indeed g it is not!

It may have something to do with their reputaion and the licence they have - licenced only as "members only"?

Personally I find it insulting - which is why I rarely go to away games (unless my mate who works for Guinness gets hospitality tckets!!!)