And the winner of the middlesex 7's is....................

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

And the winner of the middlesex 7's is....................

Post by bigstef »

Josh Lewsey! No seriously awsome today almost everytime he carried the ball he scored a try he wracked up about 15 tries in the end, congrats wasps and unlucky Tigers, however my one complaint for today was Beamand, you may not have picked it up if you watched it on TV but why on earth wasn't he dtopped , Humphries looks good guys!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Completely agree; Lewsey looked very good indeed and Wasps were deserved winners.

Harry clearly looks better than Scott at 7's, and I agree that the latter's performance wasn't as good as he would have hoped.

Humphries .... good in attack, but not too sure about his tackling skills.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Lewsey was excellent, I would agree definitely with him being man of the tournament.

For that award I would also highly commend Tom Croft for us who was absolutely immense and David Strettle (I think I have his name right?) of Quins.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

If you were at the match ..... Tom Croft got a lot of praise from the TV commentators, and rightly so.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yes I was there. Very pleased to hear that Croft got the praise he deserved from the commentary team. It was thoroughly deserved. Won a hell of a lot of restart ball that he had no right to get to, and proved to be very agile, aware and pacy in the loose whilst really putting himself around in defence. I was very impressed.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Yes, I dipped in and out of the coverage (SKY +'d the final), and Lewsey and Croft came over as the real stars of the day.

Wished I hadn't bothered with the SKY + mind, we were well beaten.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

As we tend to be at Twickenham!!

THIS TREND MUST BE REVERSED !!!
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

i thought tom croft played amazing in every game for tigers, he was awsome. humphreys looked good as well today
Come on you tigers!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But we lost the final!

THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN AGAIN !!
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

Tom Croft is a huge asset, now and for the future, bringing pace and agility that looks awesome. He must be very unlucky to have missed out on the England squads, but that can only mean the better players ahead of him must be true giants of the game.
Get behind the young players and help them develop to their full potential. For sure, don't rubbish them if they have an off game.
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Sorry if this is mentioned on another thread, but what was going on at the start of the final. Tigers were warming up and Wasps were on the pitch pointing at their watch and saying the game should be starting. It seemed to put Tigers on the back foot as they had to rush in and get changed. As the play kicked off, Henry wasn't quite on the field.

What did the commentary say? Was it Tigers fault, or poor organisation? I think it certainly put them on the back foot, which meant Wasps raced ahead at the start. I'm sure the commentary may have said Tigers were making Wasps wait, but it didn't seem like that to me.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Hi CT

The commentators seemed a bit bemused, and as pointed out on another thread SKY were running behind schedule and ended up with a shortened final.

The gist of it was that if anyone was at fault, it was probably Tigers. But, to be fair, the commentary didn't make too much of it.

Lewsey seemed pretty hacked off .... not a man to give extra incentive to, IMO !
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Thanks DW. Sorry if it was on another thread. I had a feeling it would be but couldn't see anything.