Tigers in 7's Final again Wasps!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Keep complaining g!!!

In that happy season when Tigers win the mickey mouse cup, finish top of the league, win the mickey mouse play-offs, win the Euopean CUp and England win the WC we will both moan about the Lions Prospects!!!

Me, I am an optimist!!!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Just got back. Takes blooming ages by tractor.

Three stand out players for me, Messrs Varndell, Tuilagi and Croft. Mr Croft particularly should be a very proud bunny today. Outstanding.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

g, it was Tigers' best performance in the Middlesex 7s since 1998 andf only the third time in the club's history that we have ever reached the Final of the tournament....and yet you STILL complain about it!!!!!!!!

Just get a grip on life & stop finding fault in everything that Tigers do! Do you support the club just for something to moan about?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Dave, I agree that it is a great achievement for Tigers to reach the final and we have not been outstanding at the Sevens possibly over the years. It is a good day out and an interesting one although I didn't go.

However, this was billed as one of the best Tigers Sevens teams we have had and whilst we did better then last year, there is no doubting G's argument that yet again we failed at the last hurdle. How many times have we done that in the last few years or in the semis? I know that the Sevens is not viewed as that important but it does show that we still haven't overcome the problem we have had in the last 5 years of winning finals. It also shows that despite all the talk that mental thing has not been overcome.

It would be very nice to see that overcome this year but no signs of that yet. We have sometimes been compared to Man U but they haven't had the losing streak in major or any finals that Tigers have had recently.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

well, I was thoroughly enjoying the whole thing from home (whilst running in and out cooking) our earlier games were extremely good, and I can see why both Cockers and Pat picked Tom Croft out for mention on Members Evening - he was phenomenal! Henry looked good, despite his rather high tackle (well, it was his birthday!) and Gavin Hickie played well.

Yes we lost to Wasps again, but we made a darned good showing and getting to the final is an achievement in itself.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

I unfortunately missed this trip to Twickers and would have loved to see the Tigers in another final. However the boys have not showed up in the last three finals (including this one) at Twickers. Have they forgotten how to win? I hope not.

Tom Croft was awesome, Tuilagi looked as powerful as ever. Tom V still has a lot to learn, but what a fabulous weapon to have on his day.

The boys did us proud but looked like they weren't quite as fit as them Wasps who looked sharp right until the end. Lewsey looked in very good condition, so lets hope he's injured when he plays against the Tigers but fit for England.

Come on the Tigers....remember that winning mentality.
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Yes, and consider that Wasps had only just finished a game, whereas Tigers had had a rest in between, so who is the fittest there, then?
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I thought with the new season looming teams should now be getting their fitness right for the first game. So what has our new fitness guru been doing with the players? I thought he was brought in to make them the fittest team in the prem.

Josh lewsey was absolutely briliant on Saturday and he looked like his fitness was 100%. The rest he has had has done him the world of good. With the rest that some of the players have had I would have thought they would have looked fitter than they seem to be.

AHH well I guess they have a couple of weeks to get it sorted but I think they are leaving it a little bit late.