Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

New England Elite Director

Post by Iain »

Who gets your vote?
Last edited by Iain on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I would expect Rob Andrew to be much more supportive of the Premiership clubs than anyone else, except Dean Richards! The last thing we want is a pro rfu candidate.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I personally wouldn't pick either of them nor wish the job on anybody ;) but my gut feeling is that Rob Andrew will be offered it. Not sure whether he will accept though.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I would go for Sir Clive out of the two but whether he is up to that sort of job or would even want it is possibly debatable. I think though that he would be a better candidate then Rob Andrew due to having more experience in a top level position with England. I understand that Sir Clive is not everyone's cup of tea but neither is Rob Andrew (Sqeaky). I personally have no problems with the former.

We maybe don't have the greatest choice. It is debatable for some though whether we really need this extra level of hierarchy in the England set-up. It could be said it takes away much of the role of OBNC or any future England Coach.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

much as i dislike rob andrew, would prefer him to SCW because he believes in the club structure and might acquaint the rfu with reality. and he hates tigers so hopefully wouldn't lose our players to england so much!
Joe The Tigers Fan
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

well, Pat and Cockers seemed pretty sure it would be Sir Clive when it was mentioned at the Members evening. Pat indicated he'd been asked about it, but he couldn't quite understand what the job was supposed to be!

Actually, the funny part of someone asking this question was the looks on their faces, and Cockers hastily passing the mic over to Pat to answer!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Can i just say on the subject of Mr Andrews, please god no!!!!!!!!!!!

Only from the post match interviews I have seen he is a whinging, whining misery. I do however think his idea for the structure of the season makes sense but he that doesn't balance the rest.

Personally I'd let CW do it but with a change or two still to make. For example AR needs to have a bit of a career change maybe............
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

It hurts to think that having turned his back on the team, and given up on trying to retain the WC, he still has to be the ONLY real candidate with the ideas etc. I think the RFU will choose him.

Andrews is there to make up the numbers.

I would still pick Dean Richards over the lot of them, except for his ineptitude with the media, (when he has to defend himself, he gets so :censored: shirty) which makes him a non-starter.
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

It has to be sir clive, for me. I think the team might actually respect him. which can't be said for R A.
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

I can't see SCW even doing this job- he made his views quite clear when he went and he want's to be successful in roundball. Good luck to him. RA - for all Tigers fans think about his moaning - for me he talks a lot of sense on the big issues and is not frightened to say it. Above all though, this job is just TOO be for anyone. The RFU want the impossible. The RFU Board needs to go and be re-configured for the 21st Century and the professional game.
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

Andrews will moan, no one will listen and england fall into a deeper mess that will be impossible to clear before france 2007. he has no respest from the fans and will have none from the players.
Woodward coming back would raise the teams spirts and confidence, he would have respect from the fans and the players. but i think its to late to change now, should have been done 2 years ago.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

You think that Woodward would have the respect of the fans?!?

Why is that? Just because he won the World Cup? I assume you've conveniently forgotten the season after the RWC when he was still coach & England collapsed to the level they remain at now!

Woodward may have built the team up, but he stood around and let it fall apart just as quiclkly after.

Don't forget that he has also repeatedly called for EVEN MORE England training days than the RFU currently have. Do you want to lose the club's best players even more than we do at the moment?

The only group of fans who would be happy to see Sir Clive return to the England rugby set-up would be Southampton footy fans!

...oh, and g of course, so that she can have something else to moan about!
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

when half your team retire ofcause your going to get bad results the fews years while you rebuild, you can't just jam a bunch of uncapped players into the starting lineup and expect them to win.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

Woodward is yesterdays man in Union. Things have moved on since 2003. AS I said, the role is a beast - whoever takes I feel will struggle with the sheer size. RFU need to sort themselves out.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Hans Hullabaloo wrote:when half your team retire ofcause your going to get bad results the fews years while you rebuild, you can't just jam a bunch of uncapped players into the starting lineup and expect them to win.

True, but he didn't stick ANY in! He just reverted to the reserve players from beforehand!

And yet sticking in half a team-full of uncapped players is EXACTLY what the fans complained that Robinson failed to do when he took over.

Woodward would be a MASSIVE backward step for English rugby. MASSIVE.