New England Elite Director

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

I would not give the job to them, I would sooner a Peter Wheeler type get the job.
The Mail thinks it is Squeeky http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1771
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Its going to be slightly cringe worthy selecting Andrew. Can youimagine the handbags, dummies and cuddly toys he will throw?

I know people say he will be anti rfu and pro the clubs, but when the people paying your wages are the ones who want the players what do you do then? I guess his hat will change and he will be anti club and pro rfu.

Andrew will get the nod...in my opinion and half the squad will suffer slipped discs picking up cuddly toys.
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

If we can only pick from Woodward or Andrews, I'd choose Woodward any day and twice on Sundays. That's no great compliment to him, it's more of a diss on his opponent. Andrews has been harping on for a long time about how to change things, but I don't think the solutions off the field are as black and white as Andrews believes, and the minute he started to make changes and discovered the truth, he would run scared, hide under his desk and cuddle his favourite teddy bear Fiffi. Woodward has at least got a clue as to what to expect, he's been there and had the arguments before, all while having to worry about squad and team selection.

If the new structure involving an Elite director does work to at least some degree then hopefully we will get the right people in the right places in the near future, whoever that may be.
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Just read on Sky that Andrew is front runner and likely to announced next week...
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

A vote for Andrews is a vote against SCW - in other words if he is front-runner it's only becaause the RFU can't stomach the idea of SCW returning. Hobson's choice may be what they are saying privately.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

he is backed now by Dill Dally, buzz lightyear, dayglo, square head Lawrence Dallaglio I knew I would get it in the end.

All hope is lost now that trash mouth has sprouted.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Yes Lea you beat me to it. Gob Andrew has Florences backing. And we all know what an interfering old Toad,he is and will be bound to get his way.

When will that man ( Dallaglio) I mean, just pee off and retire. Oh I forgot he won't retire until he has single handedly won the World cup for England. Which will be many years away yet. I couldn't stand many more years of him sticking his oar in and influencing people.
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

Dallaglio is a press :censored:! Pure and simple. He probably doesn't even believe what he is saying, but he knows how to rock the boat and be controversial. It's why the press love him. Just read his reasons for supporting Andrew and they were pretty ambiguous.

Being old fashioned I would have thought that a member of the RWC '03 winning team would have displayed some loyalty to SCW. But that doesn't raise his profile.
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Neither gets my vote.
Andrew hasn't got a track record managing at international level and I've never warmed to the bloke at all even when he played at Nottingham all those years back.

If SCW gets it what's the difference, apart from the sacking of backroom coaches like Larder and co, than a few years back when the setup was SCW and Robbo? :?
I think the reason SCW was successful because although he was good at organising etc, he had an exceptional group of players and that was why the WC was won.

I think the RFU shot themselves in the foot when they announced this superduper RFU job because of the lack of willing applicants up to such a post.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

It has to be SQUEEEEEEEAAAKKKYYYY!!!!

I have money on him, and no shame.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But still the RFU are silent!!!

Have both SCW and Randy turned them down???
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Completely unsubstantiated Bill ...... but that's what I read somewhere !
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Then it must be right Daily!!!

Now the rfu are in the deep brown stuff!!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Even worse ..... didn't the Baron have to cancel his holiday ?!

This really doesn't seem to have gone to plan so far, does it ?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

They had a plan?

That would be a first!!!

The Baron should resign. But he is not an honourable man so he will not!!

He will dig deeper and deeper!!!

I despair!