ANDREW OR WOODWARD - TAKE YOUR PICK

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If I really had to choose I'd take Woodward back. I really think he is a better man manager than WhingeBob Moanpants. How he has got the support of all the league clubs is bemusing to me. He's a cr*ap manager/coach who has done nothing in his 11 years at Falcons.

If thats the best the RFU can look to then god help English international Rugby. :evil:
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

The Almighty Gob - no thanks!

Where are the Falcons in the reckoning - no where!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

g wrote:If I really had to choose I'd take Woodward back. I really think he is a better man manager than WhingeBob Moanpants. How he has got the support of all the league clubs is bemusing to me. He's a cr*ap manager/coach who has done nothing in his 11 years at Falcons.
My guess would be that the premiership would see Andrew as 'one of them', and therefore less confrontational then SCW. If the RFU wish to work with the clubs, I suppose they will pick Rob. If they want a fight then its Clive.

Why Woodward would want the job is, however, beyond me.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

My money's on Squeaky. Should be fun to hear the excuses.
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Definately Sir Clive.
Got Ur Tiger?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I don't expect either to take the job. Andrew keeps knocking back any suggestion of him taking the job, and will not work with this RFU administration. Woodward has already resigned from this RFU administration before for reasons that are still to be resolved, and in any case has worked long and hard to get into football. Yet these are the names being thrown around in the press, and with an announcement "imminent" either one of these two are going to surprise them or the RFU are going to throw a curveball and appoint someone else. Quite who is anyone's guess.

My tip: New guy comes in, undermines Robinson, Robinson takes the rap for a lousy World Cup, new guy becomes the sole man in charge of the side.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But who will the new guy be? Not Andrew or Woodward - they see it as a poisoned challice. And not Mclauchlan either. Which leaves .................??????
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Definitely not Andrew, please......!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rob Andrew has always polarised opinions ... remember the 'Andrew v Barnes' debate at FH ?

Looking at the fairly regular anti-Andrew postings on this site reminds me. I was astonished when dear old Bill Mclaren retired, and he picked his 'World XV'. Guess who he picked at fly half to play outside Gareth Edwards and inside Mike Gibson ? Yep, you guessed it ....
Bingham Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Bingham Tiger »

I'd prefer Sir Clive. He hasn't got that title for services to cleaning toilets or anything else pathetic. He's been there, done it, had the arguments more than once, got no where with them, but at least he helped me get the T-shirt that says "World Champions" proudly on the back. Robinson respects him, and may take advice from him, on important topics perhaps, for instance "how to pick a balanced team" or "how to pick players and play them in their positions". You never know.

Rob Andrew could be good if we had a lot of injuries. He wrote the book on excuses and moaning, and Jonny Wilkinson would never be ready, as he said at every press conference last season.
"Try not. Do, or do not... There is no try" ..... Yoda was obviously a Bath fan
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The debate on "who" is somewhat sterile. It is a poisonned chalice. Whoever they appoint will merely be "ESSG" for the failure of OBNSG and the RFU to organise a drinks party in a wine distillery or a romantic interlude in a love house!

The RFU Press Release (see RFU Website) following the Players Poll demonstrates clearly their agenda.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Whilst most have long accepted that it is a poisoned chalice, perhaps we underestimate the power of ego, or (more cynically) money.

Perhaps the 'winner' will kid themselves that they can succeed. They may actually believe it ..... we are not talking about people who lack self confidence here.

Or, just maybe, someone may say 'yes, the job is impossible, but pay me enough and I will do it'.

Do we have any idea of the potential salary ? (Not that they could afford me, of course :wink: )
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ah the power of money!

Randrew is the one who could be tempted by this. He has been before.

So although he knows he will fail he could accept £, particularly if he thinks his tenure at Newcastle is limitted.

Guessing 3 year contract £1M pa -or negotiate upwards - 5 year contract £1.5M pa
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

That, Bill, is why I think Andrew may well get it.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

You could be right!!!

But will he tell RFU what they want to hear??

Is he that good an actor?