Away Shirt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Away Shirt

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Just been in Withers on Market Street and alongside the new white & 'mulberry' away shirt they are stocking a 'mulberry' & white shirt, with all the usual sponsors on it. In my view its looks a lot better than the white shirt and it'll certainly hide the guinness stains better than the white one will.

Now I didn't see any of these in the club shop last week when I was down at the ground and there's not been an announcement on the website about it either. Does any one know anything about it?

If Premier Rugby are stating that away shirts must be light in colour, when is it going to be worn? Europe, the EDF Cup?

Personally I disagree with PRL dictating the colour of our shirts. We seemed to manage OK in the past and I feel that we are losing a bit of our heritage in that we can't use our traditional change colours. There a Tigers / Swansea match programme from the mid 80s for sale on ebay and the shot on the cover has Dusty Hare in a red shirt with green & white flashes on the shoulder now that looks really good. Next time the away shirt comes up for change maybe the club should think about resurecting that one. I don't think that would clash with anyone clubs home shirt,
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I used to like that red shirt and, if they let us, would welcome its return.

And by the way - welcome to the forum !
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Will we actually ware ths one in matches bcasue when they changed the away last time to the black shirt they always seemed to ware the white one and only seemed to ware the black two or three times.
Got Ur Tiger?
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

The black one was worn so few times as it was dark, similar to the home strip. The white provided more contrast.

Therefore I expect the white to be worn whenever change is necessary.

The mulburry shirt is likely to be a training shirt...
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Yes, the mulberyy body, white sleeve/sides shirt is a training one.