Stade Francais Vs Leicester Friendly

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stade Francais Vs Leicester Friendly

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Just checked out the link below I’m sure it’s the right score. 7-12 at the moment :D

http://www.stade.fr/fr/index.phtml?lang=fr#
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

14 - 15
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Lost by a point on Thursday, won by a point today!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

And the report of the match is already on the Stade site. In fact the score was updated during the game.

We could match that - but will we?

This is not a criticism - but it takes days sometimes for reports on Tigers matches to appear - so the standard has now been well and truly set - by Stade.

Well done.
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

In actual fact the reason is probably because SRS's replacement hasn't started yet. SRS usually got the report up fairly quick, even though he was away with the team !
The likelyhood is we will have to wait for someone on the tour to get back, get to internet access to send the report back, or at least phone it back. And even then someone has to prepare and post it up on the site.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Come backs SRS all is forgiven?

<sigh> That's what happens when you ban smoking in the ground!!!
Tigernut

Post by Tigernut »

Just back from France.

Short report of the game - New Tigers players integrating well, some nice 3/4 moves, lots of commitment in tackling and lineouts. Henry T. injured in Castres game, did not appear for Stade match. Won game with last gasp penalty from Andy Goode. My MOM was Sam Vesty.

:) :) :) :)
The future is bright -
It's green, red and white,
And Tigers rule club rugby.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

thanks Tigernut, good to hear about the new lads from a fellow supporter.

Phil B I totally agree with you, i'm still reeling about not having an official notice about Will Johnson, :censored: outrageous.

Come on club get your act together, we supporters expect to be kept updated....... during and out of season ....... you're quick enough to send our season ticket renewals to us let's see a bit more speed and a lot more communication.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Nik I was speaking to Marc Heywood the other day and briefly discussed official statements. Basically there are a lot of factors the club has to consider before a report is posted on here. When signing a player, the club cannot announce anything until the club releasing the player makes a statement. In Will Johnson's case it actually isn't set in stone what he's doing yet, or at the very least official notification, for whatever reason (there could be many) has not been passed on to the Press Office. I understand it is frustrating sometimes but there are so many factors that have to be in place for the press office to announce anything, nothing can be announced until it is 100% set in stone.

As for a report of this game, well I happen to know Marc wasn't in France, so clearly he is relying on someone else from the club to send details to him. Given the travelling back and it being a weekend, I'd say expect to see this up tomorrow.
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

Gary Sherrard is the person who is taking over from Sam Rossiter-Stead so I am informed.

He starts thsi coming week
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Yes, Gary Sherrard is Sam's replacement.

(A big clue is that his contact details are on the "Contact us" section of the website, above Marc's!)

For those who don't know who Gary is, he has spent the last 6 years as Head of Sport at the Leicester Mercury before taking up this role at Tigers.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Just for the record my comment about Tigers taking note of Stade's high level of competence was a thought for the coming season, not in relation to the tour - after all it was Stade’s home game.

However I am too kind really -

For a start, the Tigers website could be set up on the home page with an area called “Latest Score”. That’s a job for a Techie that might take all of 10 minutes, including the coffee. After that I could teach a ten-year old how to log on and update. With Laptops, and wireless Broadband, there are no proper excuses, only a lack of will.
The Ightham Tiger

Post by The Ightham Tiger »

I saw mention that Henry T was injured.... Is it bad? Poor bloke's suffered terrible luck in the past year or so hasn't he?

Any other injuries continuing? Where's Seru?
Ask not what your Tigers can do for you, but what you can do for your Tigers
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

who were the players? v Stade & v Castres??
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Iain wrote:Nik I was speaking to Marc Heywood the other day and briefly discussed official statements. Basically there are a lot of factors the club has to consider before a report is posted on here. When signing a player, the club cannot announce anything until the club releasing the player makes a statement. In Will Johnson's case it actually isn't set in stone what he's doing yet, or at the very least official notification, for whatever reason (there could be many) has not been passed on to the Press Office. I understand it is frustrating sometimes but there are so many factors that have to be in place for the press office to announce anything, nothing can be announced until it is 100% set in stone.

As for a report of this game, well I happen to know Marc wasn't in France, so clearly he is relying on someone else from the club to send details to him. Given the travelling back and it being a weekend, I'd say expect to see this up tomorrow.
Just seen this Iain, thanks for getting back to us. Whilst I understand what you are saying I still think the club should have more consideration and communicate better than they are doing currently.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061