More Farrell Nonsense

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

More Farrell Nonsense

Post by Bunchy »

I can't believe this ? What planet etc ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 055274.stm
Less is more....
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Completely agree. It's a joke. What has Farrell ever done in Union? How can he have such an aura as Johnno? The RFU have completely lost the plot. Sorry they lost that after 2003.

Maybe the RFU are contemplating signing Freddy Flintoff, or even Botham. They like experience.
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

Try Planet ZOG! :twisted:

I thought it was bizarre as well!
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

this point has been made on the forum lots of times, i dont matter how good he really is he was gona get the hype and pick just cause the RFU spent so much on him.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Any indication as to what position he might actually play then??
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

All much of a muchness in the other code, its all about receiving the ball and running very hard wherever you play other than dummy half. Back row... that could be interesting given the complete non-transferrability of any skill relating to League given that there is no back row or indeed contested scrums in League. Not to mention line outs.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

My guess is that they'll try to play him at IC in a sort of Tindall role in a typical RL style. Catch... run... go to ground... free kick... Ooopps, we don't have those kind of rests in Union. Oh dear.. he's in trouble.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I agree that the RFU chappy has gone over the top, but in fairness Farrell was a giant in RL (voted best player in the world, 'man of steel', OBE etc).

It has been known for ex-RL players to switch successfully (see J Robinson !), and were it not for the undoubted bad luck he has had since switching we MAY have had a great player on our hands.

Unproven in RU - yes.
RFU overhyping - yes.
Is Farrell a joke ? - emphatically no.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But will he bring something to the party?

JR (aka twinkle toes) did - until he was sussed. What does Farrel bring?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

To be sure Bill, I don't know. I don't follow RL, and won't claim to know Farrell's strenghts. However, plenty of league commentators rated him as an all time great, so I don't really 'get' the Farrell knocking. He may bring lots, he may bring nothing .... but none of us know. I think its a shame that some 'fans' are waiting for him to fail.

However, I do think it fair game to wonder why an unproven (and unfit ?) player is in the EPS, and its certainly fair to question the whole business of RFU funded transfers.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Farrell was a pretty good RL player, I watch it week in week out thanks in part to having a Yorkshireman as a housemate. He has good hands in a tackle and is nice and strong. I fear that he may not be able to cut muster in the tackle, as he is used to just holding people up until someone else gets their. At inside centre this may be problematic as it was for Henry Paul.

The problem is that no matter how good he was, it is all down to how good he is, or will be. Without playing a game in the sport he has walked into the Elite Squad, in place of players who have been earning their dues all their life. I have nothing whatsoever against Andy Farrell, by all accounts he is a decent bloke and a cracking RL player, but let's see him play some games of Rugby Union before deciding that he is the next great salvation who will deliver us the Wprld Cup.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Maybe the RFU are contemplating signing Freddy Flintoff, or even Botham.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS ... 5027.1.jpg

Would it be beyond the RFU.....?

Surely....

Hmmmm.....
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

I think he will bring something to the party; out of all the league converts (Robinson excepted) he has the stature and I hope having had 12 months off he will be out to prove everyone wrong. I will down Vicarage Road at the first available opportunity and I hope he is up for it. I don't particularly want to be told "told you so".
Lets not be negative!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

farrell will have one match for Sorries then he'll be taken into the england squad and named captain!

i wouldn't put this past AR at all.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Nik

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought I was a cynic!!!

Luvsyalots