What do you think of Tigers new Badge?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Blob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Blob »

Rubymint wrote:The New Badge is shown in more detail on the Guiness Premiership Tigers homepage:

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/124_282.php
Hmmmm....not too sure on this, i just think that the head looks off-centre, i'm sure it isnt but meh. Yet to be overwhelmed by it..

As an after note, notice how it says our mascot is Lester! I wish! And that coach is Richard C0 ckerill

My apoligies if he is, but i'm getting him mixed up with Pat Howard...i thought C0 ckers was forwards coach?

EDIT: I am unsure how to get his name ot work, even with sapces and 0 for o dont work...I'm sure you know who i mean!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Also agree with the Tiger looking more powerful on its own. I’m not to keen on the shields on some of the rugby club logos, seems to take away the effect.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

agree with you tigerfan90 i think that I prefer the head we have at the moment. but i'm young and miss guided so what would i know about the tradition of the past !
fliss
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fliss »

i dont think it's terrible, but will just take some getting used to. I did prefer the head on its own, but can kind of see where the club were coming from with the too two-dimensional thing.
GO TIGERS
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

So the new away shirts (white and blackcurrant, or whatever they are) are out of date already. :evil:

WELL DONE TIGERS !!!!!
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

i think it looks good guys... it took us a while to come round to our new logo, but you'll get used to it and learn to love it :roll:

some of you a bit like that 'yorkshire news' sketch on 'soccer am' "change is never good" etc... get out of the past godammit :?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Former Prop wrote:So the new away shirts (white and blackcurrant, or whatever they are) are out of date already. :evil:

WELL DONE TIGERS !!!!!

No, they are not out of date.

If you actually bother to read the article you will see that they said they will not be changing the logo on the shirts!

I have actually seen a mock-up of the logo on a home shirt & i'll be honest, I didn't like it. I really like the new logo on the stationery, mugs, gifts etc, but not on the kit. It looked to "busy" on the shirts.
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

It's not really a patch on the old logo or the crest, not very eye catching.
Tigernut

Post by Tigernut »

I don't like it!
Lewis doesn't like it!
Roger doesn't like it and downed a glass of red wine in disgust!!!

See you in Millau and Camares.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
The future is bright -
It's green, red and white,
And Tigers rule club rugby.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Dave

I'm sorry that I 'couldn't be bothered to read the article'. I was short on time and was only reading this thread. :roll:

And on this thread was a message (top of page 2) from your good self saying that it would be " slowly adopted on everything in a full rebranding exercise". Which indicated to myself (obviously a lot less intelligent than you/ not quite in the know as you) that they would be having them on the shirts. The keyword here is slowly and how slow is slowly? It might have been done for this season :roll:

Thanks for clearing this matter up.

Anyway, I'm off now to write out 100 times 'I must read articles properly in future'
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I've really gone off it, well i wasn't really on it, sorry tigers but i think its a bit wimpish!! Oh well we'll all get used to it soon.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I don't care if we win anything or not this season! I'm not having that tatooed on me bum!

Copyright?? Poppycock! Bring back the old town crest. There was room enough for both on the 125 year shirt! Why not the playing shirts?

Marketing gone mad!

Is it time for a Remy yet!!??** :roll:
rangiball
Tiger Cub

Post by rangiball »

nice links to some tattoos but who got hte logo first i go tmine in 2000
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

There's a big glossy new sign gone up outside Oval Park Training Ground - complete with new logo/badge thing.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother