Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Bad news for Munster supporters.

Ryanair prices for 22nd Oct rising

Shannon - Stansted return for the day £80 and increasing
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

I have pics of me taken in the TwoMile inn 36 years ago :lol: . I was with some lads in the Bakers Arms Blaby on Tueaday who live not far from there. Its on the Ennis Rd handy for Shannon airport & Limerick. Dont worry their will be plenty of tickets available for Tigers fans. By the time that game comes around Tigers will be already out :wink:[/quote]

Hi Steve,

Did not realise the Two Mile Inn was that old. Checked out the mapping on the
Route 66 and it is only 1.5 miles from Thomond... walking distance! Really looking forward to this game and proper Guinness!!! :lol:
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Steve....interesting point of view saying Tigers will already be out of the HC by then !! Without a ball being kicked !....so Munster have won the Heineken Cup....fair play to them, but to defend it and actually WIN it again is another thing...if they pull it off, fair play to them,......Tigers did it though !! :wink:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

westwinds31 wrote:Steve....interesting point of view saying Tigers will already be out of the HC by then !! Without a ball being kicked !....so Munster have won the Heineken Cup....fair play to them, but to defend it and actually WIN it again is another thing...if they pull it off, fair play to them,......Tigers did it though !! :wink:
My quote was purely tounge in cheek, even if Tigers are already out , there will still be great demand for tickets from Tigers fans. Isnt wind up's & good natured banter what its all about. It is to me anyway. :lol: BTW Tigers & Muster will be playing each other 3 times this season. I already have my tickets for 2 of the games. And flights booked for the 3rd, the game at TP.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bill W wrote:Bad news for Munster supporters.

Ryanair prices for 22nd Oct rising

Shannon - Stansted return for the day £80 and increasing
Bil,l most Munster fans who intend on coming have already booked their flights so its not so bad news. The reason the flights are getting so expensive is because there are so many coming over already. I think there will be as many outside the ground without tickets as those inside with. Tigers fans on the other hand dont seem to be booking up the return leg in TP with the same conviction. They still seem to be similar prices as when I booked my flights for the game when the tie was 1st announced. Dont you worry about Munster fans getting over here, the only concern they have now, is getting tickets for the game. BTW anyone who fancys going to the game in TP & fancys going by minibus & ferry. The gaffer in the Bakers Arms Blaby is hoping to run a trip over. Might be worth looking into if anyone dosent fancy flying, or just fancys a long weekend ferry/booze/craic, jolly boys on tour sort of thing.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Steve.....take your point about tongue in cheek....but its difficult when you a) don't know the person posting....and b) have no clue whether they are being serious or not !!!.......I agree with you though, banter is the name of the game !
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

http://www.tigers.co.uk/29_5580.php
http://www.munsterrugby.ie/newspage/78758.html

Lads, looks like this game is actually in Musgrave Park in Cork, (which is about 2 miles from Cork airport and 4 miles from the town centre). Looking at earlier posts it seems a fair few of you are going via Shannon and booked accommodation in Limerick which is 80 miles from Cork.
You can fly direct to Cork via Nottingham East Midlands Airport, Bristol or Stansted or Gatwick and Heathrow for those of you who work nearer London).

I'm a Saints supporter based in Cork, however if anyone needs advice on accommodation, decent pubs etc, drop a line here and I'll happily help. Look forward to seeing you all on the 25th.
Also the Swansea - Cork ferry is an option.
Smudger

PS Hope Munster field a strong line up. Saints cancelled their pre season with Munster at Franklin Gardens as Munster were sending over a B team. (And no jokes please about the B team, being more than a test for your friends down the A50!!!!)
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Most of the talk on this thread is regarding the Heineken match in January - that's the one in Limerick that we've booked for.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Smudger. The friendly game in Cork is covered on another thread. This thread is regarding the ERC game in Jan. As far as I know, all the Tigers fans going to the friendly game are flying directly to Cork for it. I myself am traveling from Leicester to Limerick for the weekend of the game. The reason being I'm from there, will be visiting family & friends there, & tending a few graves. Then traveling to Cork with fellow Munster fans on the day of the game. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

Sorry for any confusion caused!!! :oops:

I'll return to the Saints message board where they are more than used to me making an ar$e of myself!!! :D

Good luck in both games anyway.

S
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Smudger67S wrote:Sorry for any confusion caused!!! :oops:

I'll return to the Saints message board where they are more than used to me making an ar$e of myself!!! :D

Good luck in both games anyway.

S
I hope that's good luck to Munster BTW. Anyway hope to see you at the match, tickets seem to be going very well. Season ticket holders get in free & it isnt a big ground.
Lux Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Lux Tiger »

Hi,

sorry if this question has been dealt with before, but can anyone tell me when the exact date of the Jan match in Limerick will be announced? (fri / Sat /Sun)

I'm I right in thinking it's linked to the TV schedules .

It makes a big difference for travelling fans (whether to take Monday off work, which flights to book, etc)
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lux Tiger wrote:Hi,

sorry if this question has been dealt with before, but can anyone tell me when the exact date of the Jan match in Limerick will be announced? (fri / Sat /Sun)

I'm I right in thinking it's linked to the TV schedules .

It makes a big difference for travelling fans (whether to take Monday off work, which flights to book, etc)
Munster will ask for the Sat 5.30 slot. But it will be up to Sky. They will wait till the pools start to take shape. The question was asked on the ERC site, the answer was:

'ERC will announce the fixtures for Rounds 5 & 6 as soon as possible. It is expected that these fixtures will be available following the conclusion of the early rounds of the 2006/07 tournament'.
Not very helpful I know, but as good as you will get at this stage. Last year the dates & times were announced after round 4 I believe in Mid to late December.
Lux Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Lux Tiger »

Thanks for the info.
Now to decide whether to play the waiting game or book flight for a very long weekend.