Out of interest -

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Iain wrote:I don't think I've really got a problem with any club to be honest. Northampton I've always kind of seen as friendly rivals really. We only boo Wasps because deep down we respect the players they have got (well I do anyway!). Maybe I'm just too amiable!
i agree iain, i say i don't like quins and wasps, but its not a true hate. i think i agree with you totally.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Only Wasps really and that's only really been out of jealousy of their recent success and the likes of Dayglo. No other teams, not even Newcastle with Rob Andrew.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Wasps... The simple reason is the players... Worsley is a total ****** (fill in as you like), Dayglo also. etc etc. It's got nothing to do with them winning stuff without deserving it... ;)

I've got nothing against the Gloucester players. In actual fact, I respect them. I have had problems in the past with the supporters though. For example they have often just booed Tigers subs training as they run by. That's just not rugby. No offence SilensFatuus. I'm sure you're a top bloke ;)

I'm not sure Saints is a rivelry any more though. We always win ;) (Only kidding Jess!!)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Fully agree with your comments on Wasps, Pellsey. Worsley and Voyce are not everyone's cup of tea, in fact far from it. But I think the biggest reason for many's loathing of Wasps is Dayglo. I shouted out a few words at home when we played them at WR in April.

Sorry to hear about your problems with certain Gloucester fans. You're by no means the first one to say that. I think the bad feeling stems particularly from the Shed. It is not nice for our subs to be booed training. BTW, Silens Fatuus is not a bloke but is a lady. That's why I call her Jen! :wink:
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Many apologies Silens Fatuus. :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm sure you're a lovely lady ;)

The Gloucester thing stems from a match played in Watford in the Heineken Cup a good while ago, probably about 1999. However, every actual real Gloucester fan I've ever met has been nice and there has been decent banter. I just hate bad sportsmanship.

Whenever I see Dayglo now, I just think of Johnno's last game for the Tigers and the way he pranced around as if to say he was better than Johnno. HA HA. Idiot.
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

has to be Sarries with all the gimmicks toys and that :censored: silly car
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

this is intresting because look at the round-ball premiership most supporters there just despise everyone else, and the footie fans even boo legends of there club just because they've left them. ( they seem to forget they've been superb for them down the years). ! thank god for Rugby ! :D :D :D
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

banbury tiger wrote:this is intresting because look at the round-ball premiership most supporters there just despise everyone else, and the footie fans even boo legends of there club just because they've left them. ( they seem to forget they've been superb for them down the years). ! thank god for Rugby ! :D :D :D
Footie fans can be discerning. Derby County are very honoured to be hated by Forest and vice verse. It bugs Leicester City no end that neither set of fans give two hoots about them.

Back on thread. WASPS.

And I'm afraid it's entirely for the reasons that Iain gave. They're ever so slightly too good for my liking.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

There is no real reason for it, but I don't like Wasps. When they started winning things I really admired them and the way they went about it. But after a while they just started to really grate me.

I don't like Dayglo (Obviously), but I don't actually think that that is the reason, my dislike of him and my dislike of the club are entirely seperate :wink:
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I was so happy when Leeds Tykes went down, should have gone down years ago. Reason, i have to live with thier fans.

I can't stand Sarries, not really sure why, Chavs i think.

And i hate Dayglo (only in recent years though) & Joe Worsley is the biggest Tw** in the world! FACT!
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

London Irish, for exactly the reasons Moody puts in his book. When I read it I whole heartedly concurred.

They make no new talent, have a team full of wandering rugby nomads and give nothing to English National Rugby
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

ARE YOU LOT ALL TOO YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

WHY ITS BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH and when they're not playing BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll happily have banter with all the the supporters from other clubs but if there is any team i never never never want to lose to its our auld enemy :evil:
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Worst experience with a fan was London Irish with what was clearly a soccer fan behaving as a soccer fan. Clearly embarassing for the other London Irish fans around him though.

Side I dislike most is Sarries - always seems to be particularly dirty game. Never a fan of Rod Kafer either. One of the few away grounds I never want to go to.

Gloucs's big black mark was hiring a certain person who thumped Ronan O'Gara n times and should have been banned for life. No probs with fans although the shed seems to think everybody else but them is cheating unlike our two eyed supporters.
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I will have to defend the shed and Glaws honour! Contrary to popular belief, most of thr the shed is not filled with gloucester people, they're from the Forest :P
they don't just boo opposition players, we do our own as well :oops: and its all meant in good nature!

Thats okay Pellsey, bit of an ambigious name! And yeas I am :P :wink:
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

and whats wrong with the forest :wink:

hehe i like glaws coz i can easily get there to watch matches and i have a few mates who support them too

has to be wasps and that was a very good point london irish i now hav a dislike of them