Looking Forward To Next Season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We will get a good idea of how the season is going to go on Sept 3rd, when the Champions come to our back yard and will want to prove a point. It is up to us to put a marker down for the rest of the season...that we will NOT lie down and watch Sale win the Premiership again.....it must be great motivation for the players, knowing the challenge ahead in the opening game. I can't wait to see us take them on.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I certainly agree with you there West on the need for a big performance on September 4.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lets hope the team rise to the challenge and protect our proud home record and show the Sale lot what we are capable of. Lets not have another capitulation like Twickers for sure.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

personally, I'd rather stick with my rose-tinted spectacles than wear jaundiced ones that give am embittered and negative tint to everything,
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sorru Jan, didn't mean to sound that way. I was pleading for a big performance against Sale. I don't want anything like the play-off final result. I am not embittered towards Tigers.

We are all keen for Tigers to do well. Its just that not everyone shares the confidence in next season. There are good reasons for that based on who we have signed in the backs. Don't worry all us "miseries" would be happy if we were proved wrong!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

it wasn't aimed at you, Simon :wink: I get tired of being told off for being positive and/or upbeat about the new season. I happen to feel it suits me better to be positive than negative, that's all.

and I sincerely hope the guys do prove all the naysayers wrong!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Thanks Jan and that's what the other camp say in reverse! So its difficult for both sides.

Lets hope that it is a great season!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I started this post off and it has been very interesting reading but I haven't chnaged my views. I have not seen anything that has been done on the playing side to believe things will radically improve.

We won nothing last season and, for the most part, played boring rugby. Apart from the London Irish play-off when we played scintilating, intense rugby for 80 mins, there were only a handful of games when we played anything close to that and that was for 40 mins only. The rest of the games were turgid and we bottled the 3 big ones! The Sale final being the worst. I really do hope that I am proved wrong but I really believe that we will have a trophy less season again.

There is another issue and that is the GP - any league that rewards losing short changes the fans. Clubs know that to finish 4th means that they still have the chance of being called champs and that means sides can afford to lose games which means the intensity just is not there.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Good point bc. Same could be said of the Anglo-Welsh cup where some teams choose not to bother and field a reserve team (I think Bristol did it last year to concentrate on avoiding relegation). I would hope to see, this season, Pat Howard using a bit more of the inventiveness he hinted at in the last few games before the playoffs. Bemand and Humphries at 9 & 10?