Players Who Shook The Crumbie #23: Niall Malone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Players Who Shook The Crumbie #23: Niall Malone

Post by Iain »

Niall was an Irish fly half, picking up a small handful of caps for his country. Largely an understudy to Jez Harris but managed to force himself into th starting line up after some impressive displays in the 1996 season, and even forced his way into the team for the Cup Final at Twickenham against Bath and scored a magnificent try that looked to be setting us up for a famous triumph before Steve Lander intervened in the last minute.
Although never a regular, Niall was a more than able understudy and never let anyone down. Eventually the arrivals of Rob Liley and Joel Stransky were to signal an end to his time at Tigers.
SimW

Post by SimW »

He had an annoying habit of firing out passes without really looking where he was aiming...
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

...And his hands were always far too quick. That may not sound too bad,but anyone who ever saw him would probably know what I am getting at.

Sometimes showed glimpes of excellence, but no more than a bit part player in my book.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

But he was definitely cute :wink: bumped into him (literally) outside my workplace when I used to work in Oadby town centre - he smiled and said excuse me - and I almost swooned!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother