Leicester Vs Munster 22nd Oct.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LeamysNo1

Leicester Vs Munster 22nd Oct.

Post by LeamysNo1 »

Hello!! As you can guess I am a Munster fan, and I'm looking to appeal to the kind nature of some Leicester fans who could help me in organising a trip over to Leicester for the first pool game on 22nd Oct. I don't have a clue where to start with where is best to fly in to from Cork and what's the best way of getting to Leicester - where is best to stay (budget style!) etc. I would greatly appreciate any help at all!! Thanks a million. :D
To the brave and faithful nothing is impossible!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Your nearest airports are Nottingham East Midlands and Birmingham, not much in it in distance but in terms of getting a train to Leicester Birmingham is far easier. No idea as to where is best to stay on a budget, never had to use a hotel or anything as I live here. There is a Holiday Inn on the edge of the city centre, but as to whether it is any cheaper than others I have no idea. The ground is a brisk walk from the city centre, and if you're looking to go for beers I can help point you in the right direction of some good bars!

Hope this helps! See you in October!
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

Will the Munster Mash be at Welford Road?
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester Vs Munster 22nd Oct.

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

LeamysNo1 wrote:Hello!! As you can guess I am a Munster fan, and I'm looking to appeal to the kind nature of some Leicester fans who could help me in organising a trip over to Leicester for the first pool game on 22nd Oct. I don't have a clue where to start with where is best to fly in to from Cork and what's the best way of getting to Leicester - where is best to stay (budget style!) etc. I would greatly appreciate any help at all!! Thanks a million. :D
Im a Munster fan living in Leicestershire. Lots of info on http://www.munsterfans.com/ or just email me [email protected] I will be in Cork for the friendly as well.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

is the match definitely on that day?
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

CelticTiger wrote:Will the Munster Mash be at Welford Road?
This one I'm sure will be Welford Road, even though it could probably sell out the Walkers and beyond.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

LeamysNo1, hope you have a great trip to Leicester, apart from the result! :wink:

I know of one or two places to stay from staying in Leicester for night games. There is the Days Inn Central, which is walkable from the station with luggage, and also the Holiday Inn near the Walkers Stadium (Leicester City's ground and occasionally Tigers venue). Both have been very good to stay in.

I don't know many places to eat in Leicester but I have found the Hogs Head and particularly Flame Oriental Restaurant great places to eat. The latter is a buffet restaurant.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:is the match definitely on that day?

Yes Orla, the match is definitely on that day, with a 3pm kick-off.

It's one of the Sky live matches.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dave Angel wrote:
orla - mumha abú! wrote:is the match definitely on that day?

Yes Orla, the match is definitely on that day, with a 3pm kick-off.

It's one of the Sky live matches.
I hope its on that day & time 1000's of Munster fans have already made plans to descend on Leicester that weekend by Planes, Trains, Automobiles & the 85 fron Countesthorpe :lol: There will be many more than the 2522 or so ticket allocation.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Where will the other god knows how many watch the game? I hear that there were so many Munster fans planning to come that the Leicester City Council was considering putting giant screens in the parks near WR so that they too could see some good rugby!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

simon redshaw wrote:Where will the other god knows how many watch the game? I hear that there were so many Munster fans planning to come that the Leicester City Council was considering putting giant screens in the parks near WR so that they too could see some good rugby!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually Simon you have actually only heard 1/2 the story. The game is actually going to be played at the Walkers Stadium full to the brim with Munster fans. It will be then shown on big screens at WR live to Tigers fans on the Sunday, repeated the following Friday evening, and then on the Sunday afternoon, so as to accomodate all the differing opinions of when games should be played. And not to upset the 'Not at the Walkers brigade'. :wink:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Would be a very hostile atmosphere for Tigers! :wink: What would the pre-match music be? Remember you can't have anything like Smoke on the Water! :wink: :lol: :lol: I would suggest in your plan plenty of Irish Dance Music! Or maybe U2! :wink:

Interesting suggestions about accomodating all different opinions about when and where the game should be played! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

simon redshaw wrote:Would be a very hostile atmosphere for Tigers! :wink: What would the pre-match music be? Remember you can't have anything like Smoke on the Water! :wink: :lol: :lol: I would suggest in your plan plenty of Irish Dance Music! Or maybe U2! :wink:

Interesting suggestions about accomodating all different opinions about when and where the game should be played! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As you know us Irish are very hospitable so there will be no singing whatsoever, We will do are best to make you feel at home :lol: Why on earth would we want to play 'Smoke on the water' anyway? Its a dreary dirge. 'Stand up & Fight' my friend...'Stand up & Fight' 8)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

The Ibis in Leicester is just near the station and Flame. Its also a reasonable walk/crawl from the ground.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Do you like Flame too Debbie? I think its great to be able to chose so much really nice Oriental food in one sitting! I love it there. :D :D :D