Munster game in Cork

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

very young side. last time i saw a lot of those players play, it was a disaster.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:very young side. last time i saw a lot of those players play, it was a disaster.
The last time I saw some of them players was when we won the Heiny cup...... Always look on the bright side of life de dum de dum de dum dedum :lol:
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

only 6 players were of the 22 for the final, 3 of those were on the bench. hardly the backbone of the heineken cup winning team.

European Champions 2006!
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

I'm looking forward to seeing alot of those players in action, this is what makes pre season friendlies interesting. (I hope Cullen gets on and doesn't get injured!)

Any news on the squad that is/has travelled from Leicester?
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

TIGERS, TIGERS, TIGERS!! I know it's a friendly but TIGERS!!!
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

orla - mumha abú! wrote:only 6 players were of the 22 for the final, 3 of those were on the bench. hardly the backbone of the heineken cup winning team.
:roll: Thats why i used the word some. I'm looking forward to the game. We are on a hiding to nothing. If we lose it's only a friendly & we have an inexperienced team. If we win, against a strong L.T side its a moral victory before the ERC games. No one wants us to beat Tigers more then me. Its a long journey back if we do lose but I will stay positive. 8)
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

If the Tigers play as poorly as they did against Toulon then I don't see Munster having a problem? Shame none of the big Munster guns will be there or will they? Still, it a game and a few pints. Thanks for the info Orla - looking forward to the stay.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

FlyingTiger wrote:If the Tigers play as poorly as they did against Toulon then I don't see Munster having a problem? Shame none of the big Munster guns will be there or will they? Still, it a game and a few pints. Thanks for the info Orla - looking forward to the stay.
A lot of Munsters main players cant play because of International restrictions & Injurys etc. Still you will have a grand time I'm sure. Look out for me I will be wearing a Munster shirt & drinking a pint of Guinness. :lol:
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

Just been to Musgrave Park for my tickets and they tell me that at the rate they are going you should be able to get tickets at the gate on Friday.

Also four other pubs to add to your list The Hi B (good craic) , The Castle (great Guinness, always good for a few songs), An Spailpin Fanac (good trad music) and Bodhran (pub dedicated to Phil Lynott and Thin Lizzy), most nights they have quality local musician playing for a few hours.

More pubs here

http://www.whazon.com/cork/pubs.php
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:
FlyingTiger wrote:If the Tigers play as poorly as they did against Toulon then I don't see Munster having a problem? Shame none of the big Munster guns will be there or will they? Still, it a game and a few pints. Thanks for the info Orla - looking forward to the stay.
A lot of Munsters main players cant play because of International restrictions & Injurys etc. Still you will have a grand time I'm sure. Look out for me I will be wearing a Munster shirt & drinking a pint of Guinness. :lol:
Now! Would that be a red shirt and glass with black stuff init? Just so I can pick you out from the crowd.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

thats deadly, nice one smudger!

was just about to say the same thing tiger cam, yes steve that will be very distinctive!

ah the big players are usually at matches like this and can be seen wandering around the ground. they tend to sit in the teeny stand thats on the side of the dolphin club.

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Orla

If you come across Ashby Rock Chick at the game - look after her!!

You will recognise her - she will be wearing a Tigers Shirt!!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

ha ha, she ll stand out in a crowd then!

European Champions 2006!
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

Interesting to see how many of the Munster players playing tonight will be facing Tigers in the HC this season!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

just home from match. we lsot by 8 but played ok. tigers werent great it must be said. i was disappointed.

European Champions 2006!