Munster game in Cork

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Now if you had told me you wanted a ticket when I had time to get you one.................

Blonde hair and blue eyes! But no need to be shy!!!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

thanks bill, but i ll survive! might sort something out yet.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

DaveW, Jeremy Anderson, TigerCam, susieblue, SamM, FlyingTiger. You all indicated you were going to Cork. Can i suggest the Tory Top which is just up the road
from the grounds, as a pub to congregate before the game. Simon I can meet you there with your ticket. I may have a spare one also if anyone needs one. Im in Limerick for the weekend but traveling down on th e day of the game.
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

See you there!
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

So Simon & Flying Tiger will be there? Anyone else?
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

We will be in the 'The Old Oak' pub earlier. We arrive Thursday evening. Orla, what cultural things can be done during the day besides dring Guinness?
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

FlyingTiger wrote:We will be in the 'The Old Oak' pub earlier. We arrive Thursday evening. Orla, what cultural things can be done during the day besides dring Guinness?
As its Cork. Theres always 'Murphys' or 'Beamish'. I'd stick to Guinness meself. :lol: It was designated a European City of Culture 2005. So you may of missed out on culture. :wink: Or you could try something off of here:
http://www.cork-guide.ie/attracts.htm

Depends how much time you have on your hands and what your interests are. See you in the Tory Top before the game.
Irish Tiger

Post by Irish Tiger »

If anyone hasn't gotten tickets for the game yet, you can get them from here, http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003C ... ie_munster

Think there's still a good few left.

Hopefully it should be a good game
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Irish Tiger wrote:If anyone hasn't gotten tickets for the game yet, you can get them from here, http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003C ... ie_munster

Think there's still a good few left.

Hopefully it should be a good game
I know of a few going spare 1 for £11 & 2 free. Can be picked up before the game.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

im so bad, i still havent sorted out a ticket! really relying on some being at the gate on the night. fingers crossed! lol.

cork being capital of culture was an absolute joke. there is very little to do and see here as it is a tiny city. but i personally think cork city gaol is well worth a visit. havent been in awhile but i really enjoyed it. emmmmmmm there is an open top bus tour but i imagine its absolutely rubbish. st finbars cathedral is in the city centra and is absolutely stunning, obviously if churches and architechture are your thing, you will love it. some interesting theories about the golden angel aswell, if anyone thinks they will go, i ll let them in on any of the ones i can remember! dotted around cork county there are heritage centres like the one in cobh. there are bus tours which take in some of the coastal towns like kinsale and crosshaven. there is shandon church, which i last went to when i was really little and nearly knocked myself out on the treck up to the very top, and you are allowed ring the bells. i honestly cant think of anything else im afraid.

old oak is definitely one of the best pubs in the city. that, or the Bróg at the top of oliver plunkett street. never been in the tory top, but its very convenient. old oak for aftet the match definitely though. its right in the centre of the city. great pub. fair walk from some of the clubs like reardons and havannas though. sure im sure ye will work something out!

European Champions 2006!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

im so bad, i still havent sorted out a ticket! really relying on some being at the gate on the night. fingers crossed! lol.

cork being capital of culture was an absolute joke. there is very little to do and see here as it is a tiny city. but i personally think cork city gaol is well worth a visit. havent been in awhile but i really enjoyed it. emmmmmmm there is an open top bus tour but i imagine its absolutely rubbish. st finbars cathedral is in the city centra and is absolutely stunning, obviously if churches and architechture are your thing, you will love it. some interesting theories about the golden angel aswell, if anyone thinks they will go, i ll let them in on any of the ones i can remember! dotted around cork county there are heritage centres like the one in cobh. there are bus tours which take in some of the coastal towns like kinsale and crosshaven. there is shandon church, which i last went to when i was really little and nearly knocked myself out on the treck up to the very top, and you are allowed ring the bells. i honestly cant think of anything else im afraid.

old oak is definitely one of the best pubs in the city. that, or the Bróg at the top of oliver plunkett street. never been in the tory top, but its very convenient. old oak for aftet the match definitely though. its right in the centre of the city. great pub. fair walk from some of the clubs like reardons and havannas though. sure im sure ye will work something out!

European Champions 2006!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Friends of mine coming to the game from Limerick have some spare tickets for the game if anyone needs some. We will be in Cork ealy Fri evening.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/newspage/78957.html

Munster are putting out a very young side for the friendly. Good to see young lads being brought through. Should be a good experience for them.
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

A bit of "cat and mouse" going on here?
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yelphere wrote:A bit of "cat and mouse" going on here?
Is there? In what way? :?: