Smokers in to touch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Whilst it is impossible to disagree with the reasoning for the smoking ban, is a small dingy corner where smoking IS permitted for those of us who get ratty without nicotine too much to ask???

I repeat though, even as a smoker I agree with a ruling preventing me from inflicting my bad habit others. Just can we have at least one corner?? I'd hate for the toilets to become a smokers retreat like in a secondary school!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

westwinds31 wrote:......and soon no singing, talking or breathing !!!.....you just know its on its way !! :wink:
:lol: Dont make me laugh..Singing??? there already is no singing. Tigers, clap clap clap, does not constitute singing.... We will put that right on Oct 22nd.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I think the club ought to ban all (non) smoking posts :wink:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The non-smokers have to realise that it is they who have forced the club to raise the price of beer since we smokers will no longer be supping it (see Scottish Research)

We wish them well and hope the find the extra cost of beer a price worth paying for ostracising us and not even giving us our own "sin bin" or allowing us to creep out of the ground for a quiet puff!!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

i'll buy you a pint Bill, no problem.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Bill W wrote:The non-smokers have to realise that it is they who have forced the club to raise the price of beer since we smokers will no longer be supping it (see Scottish Research)

We wish them well and hope the find the extra cost of beer a price worth paying for ostracising us and not even giving us our own "sin bin" or allowing us to creep out of the ground for a quiet puff!!
ah but Bill, what about non-drinkers who are also non-smokers? :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Rizzo wrote:
Bill W wrote:The non-smokers have to realise that it is they who have forced the club to raise the price of beer since we smokers will no longer be supping it (see Scottish Research)

ah but Bill, what about non-drinkers who are also non-smokers? :wink:

I heard a rumour that doughnuts are going up in price!!

:lol: :lol:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

:lol: I'll bring me own from Sainsburys then!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Dave W wrote:i'll buy you a pint Bill, no problem.
Cheer Dave W

:lol:
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

My pleasure Bill, see you a week sunday :lol:
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Iain wrote:Whilst it is impossible to disagree with the reasoning for the smoking ban, is a small dingy corner where smoking IS permitted for those of us who get ratty without nicotine too much to ask???

I repeat though, even as a smoker I agree with a ruling preventing me from inflicting my bad habit others. Just can we have at least one corner?? I'd hate for the toilets to become a smokers retreat like in a secondary school!
Yeh the toilets already become that, and you're right it is like being at secondary school where people sneak off for a quick fag, strange really, and quite amusing!!
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

On a point of information, we who sit in the Crumbie havd never inflicted our nicotine habit on others. Due to the wooden seating it has always been a "non-smoking" zone.

So we (I) feel particularly agrieved that we are now not allowed to creep off at half time for a "quick smoke"

I am with Iain - a "smokers zone" (not in the viewing area of the ground but in some small out of the way corner) for us to rush to at half time is surely only reasonable.

Since I cannot smoke in the bars or even outside them I shall continue to eat and drink elsewhere and arrive 2 minutes before kick off. The price of beer and doughnots will of course rise as a result.

Even at Heathrow you can take your pint into the "smokers room" and enjoy it with the weed!!!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Even though I really don't like breathing in smoke from smokers, I don't like the idea of those poor people ( :lol: ) not being able to get their kick when they need it, assuming it doesn't bother any body else. I used to live in Ireland when the smoking ban came into force there, and it always made me laugh when everybody inside was warm and dry and the smokers were outside in the cold and the rain like poor school children expelled from class. I actually felt sorry for them. But it is IHMO a better place to drink, because your throat doesn't hurt afterwards from the passive smoking and your clothes don't stink. All you can smell in the bars there is old rotten beer. Nice. What's better?!! :D
peeje

Post by peeje »

Just glad it is all non smoking!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am delighted to report I had my customary smoke at half time.