Smokers in to touch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mr G

Smokers in to touch

Post by Mr G »

It looks like smoking will be barred in all areas of the stadium on match days from next season, and I for one could not be happier. :D :D

Theres nothing worse than being stood behind somebody and being forced in to breathing second hand fag smoke or somebody stubbing a fag against you resulting in burned clothes, as has happened to me before. :x

Smoke if you wish but id rather not share it with you.
Tigers forever.
barwell tigers

Post by barwell tigers »

I could not agree more
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I smoke but it will surprise you to hear that I'm in favour of that. I don't particularly mind. I only smoke on the terrace because I can, but I don't if the crowd is particularly tight where I am stood or if there are kids around me, and certainly wouldn't smoke if someone asked me not to. I can last 80 minutes without a fag, I'm sure others can. I can always pop out at half time. Fair play, can't disagree with that.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Commend you Iain for your comments, unfortunately not everyone else shares the same view. I'm an ex smoker so probably the worst one to be commenting but I would never smoke around a group of people and especially children....
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Wattsman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Wattsman »

Iain wrote:I smoke but it will surprise you to hear that I'm in favour of that. I don't particularly mind. I only smoke on the terrace because I can, but I don't if the crowd is particularly tight where I am stood or if there are kids around me, and certainly wouldn't smoke if someone asked me not to. I can last 80 minutes without a fag, I'm sure others can. I can always pop out at half time. Fair play, can't disagree with that.
Well done Iain.

I agree, smoking should be banned in the ground for matches.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I think its a great idea and i commend Iains comments as well. I hate being around people who smoke, i rarely go to the pub anymore because i don't like being in smoky places. we have 2 none smoking pubs in bridgnorth, ones a Wetherspoons and my dad works there so i'll never get served as they're so strict on age and the other is a bit posh so no-one goes in on fridays etc, but then again i shouldn't really complain about the pubs as i'm not actually old enough to be drinkin, he he he :lol:
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

i smoke and like Ian the only reason i smoke on the terrace is because i can. I also work in a bar/nightclub and from February next year smoking will be band in all bars and pubs.... so why not the same at the tigers. I favour the smoking ban as i would probably smoke a hell of alot less saving my lungs maybe a little while longer!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

I'm a non-smoker, so am totally for this idea.

BUT, who is going to police it?

If someone on the Crumbie is having a crafty one, and someone objects, they then have to find a steward to eject the offender. Would you leave the game for 5 mins while you find a steward, who will then find the smoker has finished/put out his/her cigarette and can not prove anything ?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Its self policing. Everyone knows the rules. The glare will be enough, and its not as if the damn things don't smell!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

as a smoker if asked to put it out you will.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

And if they don't? :roll:

Admittedly, a lot of Tiger fans are considerate to others, but, there are some that are a lot less courteous than they should be (SEE ALSO standing in seated areas). :roll:
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Former Prop wrote:I'm a non-smoker, so am totally for this idea.

BUT, who is going to police it?

If someone on the Crumbie is having a crafty one, and someone objects, they then have to find a steward to eject the offender. Would you leave the game for 5 mins while you find a steward, who will then find the smoker has finished/put out his/her cigarette and can not prove anything ?
Stewards are posted all over the crumbie stand and so no-one should have to go looking for a steward, + the stewards will know the rules and will be on the look out for it, i don't think there will be a problem if someone does smoke then they will be caught.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Yeah, alright :roll:

I'm not trying to start an argument, like I said on my first post I am in favour of this idea.

But, Can you see a steward fighting through 15 people to get to a person smoking.

I wish I had the faith of you, chipnchase and Iain, but there is just something niggling at me that this won't be a complete success.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

No but I can see the 15 people around the smoker pointing and glaring at them!