Smokers in to touch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well they have created two sin bins for us to smoke in, which is good of them. Though to be honest I couldn't be bothered to wrestle past the terrace crowd at half time and didn't have a half time smoke. I managed to somehow last from entering the ground at 2 until leaving the ground at about 6. See if I can manage anyone can!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I enjoyed the gentle stroll!!
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

I thought it was wonderful, to be able to walk to my seat in the middle of the A&L, past the food outlets, without having to breath in clouds of smoke all the way. Thanks Tigers!
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

An open comment, not directed at anyone so nobody get sniffy thankyou please.

I've got to be honest, i'm a smoker and was stood on the terrace yesterday, i'd been to the Friday night game and got the shock of my life when i discovered it was now a non smoking ground (a kindly steward let me light up near the gate that night as i was clearly in shock and started crying like a small girl) anyhoo...i arrived at WR yesterday minus my tabs and then discovered that i could have snuck out for one after all (at the Friday game we were barred from doing so) but because i didn't have them with me i didn't miss them one iota and that included pre game in the bar, my long and rather boring point is this...the terrace was so full yesterday that even a smoker would have found it a struggle to breathe had we been free to spark up, i pity the poor non smokers in such a confined space and so i too welcome the ban, it was also quite nice not to go home with holes in my shirt thanks to the muppet behind me being careless!

Drink Beer, Smoke tabs, Stand up, sing, shout, clap, boo, whilstle and have a :censored: good time while you're doing it...but try to remember that we all pay our money to see the game and your enjoyment might be ruining somebody else's so have a little bit of thought, nobody wants anyone to have their enjoyment ruined and so, if the price you have to pay is to wander outside for 5 minutes then so be it.

I shall be in the corner with my sackcloth and halo should anyone need a fatbast :)
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

I saw some smoke yesterday and thought someone was going to have to say something but it turned out it was coming from the Burger Van presumably cooking some expensive food....

HA HA
Simmo
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The burgher vans should be banned from the ground!!

The emissions of carbon particulates are damaging to health!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I have to say i do not agree with smoking gates, not because you lot smoke, but because its positive discrimination, until yesterday you couldn't leave the ground. If you did you wouldn't be aloud back in. I once asked if i could go out to go to the cash machine to get money for a tigers shirt, the answer was no, but now if you smoke you're alound out, on principal its not right. Ok anyone can get a smokers pass and leave to do what i wanted to, but the principal ir wrong im afraid and i totally disagree with it.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Oh dear! We are getting so incredibly PC.

If you had a card to get money out of a cash machine then could you not have used that card in the shop?

The discrimination starts with not allowing us to smoke outdoors where are harmful emmisions are quickly wafted away. (Whilst allowing diesel generators and burnt cooking oil to discharge harmful pollutants).

Live and let live huh?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I've discussed this with a friend who works at a ticket printing company - she tells me that if the ticket has it printed on the T&C on the back that once you are admitted there is no re-admission then that is legal and fine. As far as she knows, if the ticket does NOT indicate that re-admission is not allowed then you should be permitted to leave temporarily for a short time and then return provided you have your ticket with you to show on re-admission. However, much depends on the discretion of the stewards/security people administering the rules printed on the ticket.

For example, most music or theatre venues prohibit photographic or recording devices - yet you'll be allowed on most occasions to take in a small digital or ordinary camera. Nowadays since people can record videoclips and music and pictures to their mobile phones, it would be too much to prohibit or ban every kind of recording device - yet you may come across a security dude who will adhere to the rule and refuse to allow a camera - I've seen the same camera banned from one venue but permitted at another.

I am GLAD smoking is banned within the ground - and hopefully all the staff (catering and otherwise) will also adhere to this rule....but I don't see why the sin-bins or re-admission for smokers shouldn't be allowed to continue.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kirstyf
Tiger Cub

Post by Kirstyf »

Can't believe we're still talking about this! I dosed myself up in the pub beforehand (having to waft the smoke away from Harry Ellis who was standing near me).

I must admit that I was drinking a lot faster without the fags though - with this and the price increases in the bar I'm beginning to wonder if this is a cunning way of increasing revenue! :P
moontiger

Post by moontiger »

OK I am a smoker......was I asked before I parted with the dosh for my season ticket ? NO........i sit in A&L stand.....by the time have P***** about with getting to an 'official exit,',,complete with pass out ....err remind you of something? What is SO wrong with the four corners of the ground, {open air, bothering NO ONE).........doh nanny state or what,,,,, :(
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Welcome to the forum

well the problem if you made it all four corners then you would get people who drifted off, this way there is a standard and no-one can say oh well i am in the corner when they're not, if you have to be outside well you can't say you are when you're clearly under the crumbie (i hope you understand) and you saywas i asked before you parted with your money for you season ticket, but what aobut the people who don't smoke and are STH, surely they have more right to sit in comfort etc

Anyway can we please not go here again because everyone just argues and female dogs to each other about smoking etc and the non smokers like me get on our high horses etc
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Haven't really taken much interest in this thread or, indeed, in the smoking ban at WR. That was until I was at the A team game, stood on the terrace and, throughout the game, a group of 4-5 people smoked fag after fag. Stewards were right in front of them! Is it ok to smoke at A team games on the basis that there are fewer people there?

If you can't go 80 minutes without a smoke then that's pretty sad IMO. Sure that will spark anger amongst a few but ah well.