Smokers in to touch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Yeah, that'll stop them !!!!

I think the best thing for us to do, is wait and see what happens when the ban comes in.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

i wasn't starting an argument honistly i was just saying thats what i think will happen, they can always shout to them or get someone to get there attention because at the end of the day if someone complains then the stewards on the terrace are going to get it in the neck. Thats all. i really wasn't trying to sart an argument. But i do think that steward will do something about it.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I predict, in the early days of the ban, someone getting pint poured on cig, followed by lots of purple-faced huffing and puffing before stewards sort it out. Should be quite entertaining.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Now you all know why Sam has gone to NZ!!!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

The thing is people are saying they don't think anyone should smoke around children or other non smokers. But kids walk down the road to school and what do? they breath in Car fumes,fag fumes and any other poisonous fumes that are in the air so to use children as an excuse I'm afraid doesn't wear with me. Until we are banned from driving, smoking or whatever else we can be banned from doing, all this poisonous air will remain with us.

Ban smoking by all means but then I think you have to ban people from driving as well as fumes from car exhausts are just as poisonous and will remain with us.

While we're at it lets ban alcohol from all terreces and rugby stadiums as well. That's just as bad for us as smoking.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Where we live it's the 13 years old or so brats who light up straight after school.

Ban children I say.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Thanks BelperJon, i've got 3000 posts he he,

and madoqua you're right, not to ban children, but there are 13 years olds who spark up at school, its disgraceful and our head teacer doesn't expel or suspend because ehs doesn't want the figures to go up and so the school looks good. 2 kids were caught steeling memory chips from computers and had been selling them off, they were arrested and charged now you'd think they'd get exppelled but no they were aloud to stay in school

Anyway i'm going off topic and ranting, RANT OVER!
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

g wrote:The thing is people are saying they don't think anyone should smoke around children or other non smokers. But kids walk down the road to school and what do? they breath in Car fumes,fag fumes and any other poisonous fumes that are in the air so to use children as an excuse I'm afraid doesn't wear with me. Until we are banned from driving, smoking or whatever else we can be banned from doing, all this poisonous air will remain with us.

Ban smoking by all means but then I think you have to ban people from driving as well as fumes from car exhausts are just as poisonous and will remain with us.

While we're at it lets ban alcohol from all terreces and rugby stadiums as well. That's just as bad for us as smoking.
Driving serves a purpose. I'd be willing to bet that the national infrastructure would collapse if it were banned. Smoking serves no purpose. Drinking is just as bad as smoking, I agree, but when I have a pint I don't pour it down the throats of absolute strangers. Smoking is a disgusting habit, it makes you smell and increases the risk of cancer for the smoker and those around him.

I agree with the ban, I await eagerly the first old boy lighting up a cigar. Lets see how the stewards handle a 75 year old confused geriatric! And thats 50% of our fans!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I have confidence in the stewartds and i'm sure if smoking is banned they will a fantastic job of stamping it out.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

About time too - every flippin' home match we have some joker lighting up in the Crumbie Stand ........... :censored: dangerous and being an ex-smoker I can smell a lighted ciggie at 200 paces!!

I don't cringe at the smell but I do agree that it should be banned.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

As a non smoker I do actually agree with you all. But until smoking is banned everywhere in public places we will all continue to be poisoned. I know you cannot ban people driving but fumes from cars surely is just as bad as smoking that is the point I'm trying to get across.

People are saying that those who smoke in the ground are damaging the health of children and those around them. The same is said of exhaust fumes they are being breathed in everyday the same as smoke fumes. Both are dangerous to health so even if smoking is banned altogether what is going to be done to help childrens health from car fumes and other piosonous fumes that are in our atmosphere? It's all poison and IMO banning smoking only eleviates part of the problem the rest of it aint gonna go away.

So until smoking is banned altogether in public then I feel it is the right of the smoker to light up if they wish and there is not a lot we can do about it.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

See your point G but more people die in the world and die horribly from smoking realted illnesses and those exposed to passive smoke than they do from car fumes surely?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Perhaps someone will invent a catalytic converter to enclose the cigarette and remove the fumes! :wink:
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Yeah Pete and how often do these cats work?
Cars are still giving of poisonous gasses with or without catalytic converters.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

If we design a catalytic converter then lets make it large enough to encapsulate
the offending smoker , JT and Welford a real CAT catcher.
Yes lets free the ground from smoking and ginger cats !!!