***Another top Ospreys signing***

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

<sigh>

It is in Gibbes (negotiating) interests that it is announced - so he can persuade NZRFU to pay much more than the few palty £ the Ospreys have offered.

Welcome to the real world!!!
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

Bill W wrote:<sigh>

It is in Gibbes (negotiating) interests that it is announced - so he can persuade NZRFU to pay much more than the few palty £ the Ospreys have offered.

were not talking football here wake up and smell the coffee, if he doesnt sign i will buy a tigers season ticket !
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Osprey in Leicester wrote:
Bill W wrote:<sigh>

were not talking football here wake up and smell the coffee, if he doesnt sign i will buy a tigers season ticket !
And he may well do but the thread actually stated he had signed and you said in an earlier post it was a done deal... now you are saying he hasn't signed... or forgive me if i am wrong but isn't that what 'if he doesn't sign' imply..... good luck to the osprey's if they do get him... all i think was pointed out by the BBC is that at the moment it's not a done deal... it is possibly a nearly done deal.... these sort of rumours etc happen all the time... and i am not saying your chairman has lied or anything he may have been a little premature....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

nicely put kev, however i have to say OiL is the first one to point out if we have misquoted anything, but yet again comes out fighting when he can't take his own advice.

What a coop for the Ospreys if it pulls off, I sincerely mean that, but let's discuss further when he's signed on the dotted line.............. or not as the case still may be!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

oh and with reference to you buying one of our season tickets, this isn't the Ospreys *cough Club you know, you have to go on a waiting list here matey and wait a couple of seasons - I don't think you'll have the staying power for that though eh :wink: :lol:
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

[/quote]And he may well do but the thread actually stated he had signed and you said in an earlier post it was a done deal... now you are saying he hasn't signed... or forgive me if i am wrong but isn't that what 'if he doesn't sign' imply..... good luck to the osprey's if they do get him... all i think was pointed out by the BBC is that at the moment it's not a done deal... it is possibly a nearly done deal.... these sort of rumours etc happen all the time... and i am not saying your chairman has lied or anything he may have been a little premature....[/quote]

Yes your right kev I should have worded it better, I do believe he has signed I cant for the life of me think why our chairman would say that if it were not true, not only would it pee off Gibbes but also the O's supporters.

Nik I was only messing about the season ticket and yes the Tigers do have a support that is envied by most of all the other teams in the UK, I hope that the O's can emulate that in the near future. In our first two seasons we averaged around 5k a game, last season our average went up to nearly 9k so when you consider that we had a poor season on the field it was quite an increase.
When the product on the field is right then Im sure our crowds wont be far off what the tigers are getting. When regional rugby first kicked off in Ireland the supporters didnt buy into it and the crowds were very low, now look at them they are thriving and when you consider our region covers approx 500k people then there should be no problem for us to pull in 15k per game.
Last edited by Osprey in Leicester on Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

[quote="Osprey in Leicester. When regional rugby first kicked off in Ireland the supporters didnt buy into it and the crowds were very low, now look at them they are thriving and when you consider our region covers approx 500k people then there should be no problem for us to pull in 15k per game.[/quote]

so just the 10% short of our weekly gate. (Which if we had the seats avaliable I'm sure would be closer to 20 or 25K). :D
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

SPIKE@srufc wrote:[quote="Osprey in Leicester. When regional rugby first kicked off in Ireland the supporters didnt buy into it and the crowds were very low, now look at them they are thriving and when you consider our region covers approx 500k people then there should be no problem for us to pull in 15k per game.
so just the 10% short of our weekly gate. (Which if we had the seats avaliable I'm sure would be closer to 20 or 25K). :D[/quote]

Rome wasnt built in a day, Tigers has over 100 years head start dont forget.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

a reasonable point and well made. (dofs hat) :)
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

A reasonable OIL is quite nice isn't it?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Points of information.

Both Swansea and Neath trace their rugby history back to 1871

Average attendence at home Celtic League games at Ospreys last season was 8374 with a high of 15183 when Llanelli visited and a low of 4000
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Believe it or not OiL I was messing too, hence the :wink: .

I wasn't comparing the attendance at your club at all, no doubt your club has travelling supporters like ours, it's down to choice, it's our choice that we travel 220 - 240 miles to every 'home' match, my choice my money.

It's also down to choice about visiting other peoples messageboards and making new friends .......... I visit loads and am lucky to have made friends all over the Country.

My Point:

why not have a laugh instead of going out of your way to wind people up, point the finger and getting on at people ........ so what if my rugby knowledge isn't as good as some, or yours, I come on here through the love of the sport and the team and wouldn't dream of doing what you have done 'in the past'.

Isn't it time to continue in the same vein as you have this afternoon where we ALL have a bit of banter and a laugh without being damn right horrible to each other.........
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nik wrote:Believe it or not OiL I was messing too, hence the :wink: .

I wasn't comparing the attendance at your club at all, no doubt your club has travelling supporters like ours, it's down to choice, it's our choice that we travel 220 - 240 miles to every 'home' match, my choice my money.

It's also down to choice about visiting other peoples messageboards and making new friends .......... I visit loads and am lucky to have made friends all over the Country.

My Point:

why not have a laugh instead of going out of your way to wind people up, point the finger and getting on at people ........ so what if my rugby knowledge isn't as good as some, or yours, I come on here through the love of the sport and the team and wouldn't dream of doing what you have done 'in the past'.

Isn't it time to continue in the same vein as you have this afternoon where we ALL have a bit of banter and a laugh without being damn right horrible to each other.........
I totally agree with what you are saying, I used to enjoy posting on here but I took so much abuse when the tigers played the O's that my attitude changed towards people. And since that time because of what went on between the two teams after the matches a lot of peoples attitudes towards the O's has been very unfair in my eyes.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bill W wrote:Points of information.

Both Swansea and Neath trace their rugby history back to 1871

Average attendence at home Celtic League games at Ospreys last season was 8374 with a high of 15183 when Llanelli visited and a low of 4000
The Ospreys isnt just an amalgamation of Neath and Swansea it covers the whole region which includes other towns such as Port Talbot, Bridgend, Maesteg etc
So the history of the Ospreys history began in 2003 not in 1871, the average attendance I quoted of nearly 9k wasnt that far out without looking.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Osprey in Leicester wrote:
Nik wrote:Believe it or not OiL I was messing too, hence the :wink: .

My Point:

I totally agree with what you are saying, I used to enjoy posting on here but I took so much abuse when the tigers played the O's that my attitude changed towards people. And since that time because of what went on between the two teams after the matches a lot of peoples attitudes towards the O's has been very unfair in my eyes.
I'm not criticising but it's funny how people see things, I thought the same but the other way round ..... we weren't even allowed on the Osprey's messageboard, not to post abuse but do what any other supporters are doing.

A lot went towards the way people were treated when they visited your ground too, but hey other teams supporters will probably say they are not treated nicely by some of our so called supporters too.

At the end of the day it's a game but you have to admit you've given a little more than you've taken on occasion. I only had to look at some of your postings and i'd be 100,000 ft and climbing ..... I'm not a bad person nor a racist, I will say our best mates are welsh and we are over in Cardiff and Milhaven more than we're home.

So here's an olive branch extended to you.