Tigers @ Gloucester - Friday 24th September 2021 - 1945

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers @ Gloucester - Friday 24th September 2021 - 1945

Post by markharbtiger »

sapajo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:14 pm Nadolo was great going forward with the ball but not with out it, like a supertanker is hard to stop great in a straight line but struggles to turn around.
With or without the ball, the holes he creates in opposing defences are priceless...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Much harder work than it needed to be, but got to be happy with 5 points in a hostile environment and a combative opposition.

Dolly stepped up again. Not bad for a 4th choice!

Always been a fan of Potter. Could be a big season for him.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Dolly has been quite amazing! Only two games I know, but what a signing!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

teds wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:20 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:58 pm
DaveRave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:08 pm Tigers score, Tigers concede. Some things never change!
Yes they do.. a few seasons ago it was tigers concede, tigers concede! At least we've started the scoring bit! 8 tries in 2 matches.. :smt023
I thought we scored five against Exeter and four against Gloucester.
You are right my mistake :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm
baz1664 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:44 pm Fordy was poor tonight, a world class fly half makes his kicks and he didn’t, if B Barrett didn’t do his job I don’t think he would get a pat on the back, he made lots of poor decisions, kicking the ball out on the full, looked shaky in his open play, hopefully just a blip but we have a decent fly half who can step in!!
Barrett has never played in front of the Shed though…
Barrett is also not the most reliable goal kicker either. A key reason why Mo'unga was preferred at the world cup.
Jordie Barrett is the more reliable kicker of the brothers.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Barrett has never played in front of the Shed though…
Barrett is also not the most reliable goal kicker either. A key reason why Mo'unga was preferred at the world cup.
Fordy still had a stinker, so many examples during the game, i am sure he will come back next week!! Dolly tho, above and beyond!!!
Last edited by baz1664 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Happy with that ! Long drive down, long drive back !
We were resilient 🔥
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Yes boys !! Close one at the end but should have been an armchair with cigar. Reffell excellent. Potter superb, great find for the club. Can Youngs or Clare get back in at the moment ? I doubt it. Decent crowd in the Stowford Mess stand with a good turnout from Tigers fans. Quick one on the pitch, teams are going to have problems with the variable bounce. Potter was through and the ball bounced once waist high then over his head !! Ridiculous!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Offside wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:51 pm Relooking at the Balmain try the offence is not so much by Twelvetrees on Ford but his then standing in the way to prevent Hanro then coming round to fill the hole that they then dive through. Twelvetrees was interfering with play.

High and this dangerous tackle on Potter after the whistle should also be a penalty reversal to Leicester and that was Cole’s point that lost us 10m.

Overall Tigers were the better team but Gloucester came back well and I hope they put other sides to the sword at Kingholm on a Friday night.

The new pitch is s!*t though.
Balmain try - 12T was side entry anywhere else on the pitch…… Wayne let us down , didn’t even consider it but in my greenwhiteandred eyes it’s was obvious
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:35 am
Offside wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:51 pm Relooking at the Balmain try the offence is not so much by Twelvetrees on Ford but his then standing in the way to prevent Hanro then coming round to fill the hole that they then dive through. Twelvetrees was interfering with play.

High and this dangerous tackle on Potter after the whistle should also be a penalty reversal to Leicester and that was Cole’s point that lost us 10m.

Overall Tigers were the better team but Gloucester came back well and I hope they put other sides to the sword at Kingholm on a Friday night.

The new pitch is s!*t though.
Balmain try - 12T was side entry anywhere else on the pitch…… Wayne let us down , didn’t even consider it but in my greenwhiteandred eyes it’s was obvious
They were looking for the wrong thing, clearing past the ball. The real penalty offence was in at the side.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

baz1664 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:02 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 pm

Fordy still had a stinker, so many examples during the game, i am sure he will come back next week!! Dolly tho, above and beyond!!!
Aye a real stinker in the way he bossed the first half and then shrugged off an iffy start to the second to nail a long range kick to the corner so our forwards could power over from short range. You'll note the two international flyhalfs talking about the game in Biggar and Austin both talked up his contribution after the game.

A couple of ropey kicks off the tee one of which was because the ball kept falling off was his major issue. That doesn't mean he had a 'stinker'. Honestly, if he leaves next summer and we go into the season with Burns or someone of similar ability you might look back and appreciate what Fordy has actually been doing for us.

Loved the way he kept setting Nadolo loose in the wide channel with Glaws worried about Ford pinning them back with his kicking game.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:51 pm
northerntiger wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:29 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm All this talk of Red wine has made me have a “small” glass now.. I am sure that Robespierre, old Hob, Noggs, or Pellsey (or anyone to be honest) can assist with this query. How long should you put a bottle of red in a Decanter or Carafe before drinking? I heard 5 to 6 hours??
As for the game.. I honestly believe this is not a false dawn. We looked solid and our defensive line was immense. I think we will strangle them and then wear them down before running home a 4 try bonus point win…very cagey first 20 to 30 mins though.
It depends on the wine. The less mature it is, the tougher it will be so the more oxygen it needs. An older wine should be decanted and served pretty much straight away.
For ordinary day to day wines, I never decant them. I open the bottle and leave it for 15/20 minutes before pouring. Those that I do decant I try to leave for an hour or two before pouring - if I am patient!
Cheers for the wine advice. Like to have my weekly treat tasting it’s very best..much like last night.
If this board would have been offered 10 points at the start of the season from our first two games we would have snapped the hand off. Or not believed it was possible.
Ford had an off day with the tee. That made it more edgy than it should have been. But if you take his kick to the corner into consideration, he has some money in the bank!,
Dolly is a find. Seems to get the rolling maul and how to score from it.
I like that the players seem to know they can do better, which is a class sign.
All in all we deserved it and we were the cause of our stress.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
bendy

Post by bendy »

Does anyone know when the match will be up on the Premiership Rugby website?

Sarries can't be looking forward to Saturday now!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

We were with friends last night as we usually are on a Friday. They’re good friends so they understood why I had an iPad on my knee keeping an eye on the game (sound off). However, during a somewhat poignant story one of the friends was relating, I involuntary and in hindsight rather too loudly exclaimed ‘OOOOOOH! HARRY POTTER’. :smt053

I’ll take two out of two bonus point wins agains Chiefs and away to the Shed thank you very much. Things to work on as ever, which is good, but Fordy poor?!! Some people…..
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

northerntiger wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:29 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm All this talk of Red wine has made me have a “small” glass now.. I am sure that Robespierre, old Hob, Noggs, or Pellsey (or anyone to be honest) can assist with this query. How long should you put a bottle of red in a Decanter or Carafe before drinking? I heard 5 to 6 hours??
As for the game.. I honestly believe this is not a false dawn. We looked solid and our defensive line was immense. I think we will strangle them and then wear them down before running home a 4 try bonus point win…very cagey first 20 to 30 mins though.
It depends on the wine. The less mature it is, the tougher it will be so the more oxygen it needs. An older wine should be decanted and served pretty much straight away.
What’s a decanter?! 😂😂