Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Post by JP14 »

If it does go ahead, Tigers will have to be extremely careful and diligent in terms of interactions pre and post match. Of course I'm sure measures are already in place, but with the rates of COVID like it is in France, they need to be even more cautious.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I must have missed something here, but I know that if I was to travel to France for any period of time, so flying in on Saturday, staying for around 6 hours and flying back again, I'd be subject to the mandatory 14 day quarantine period. So, is rugby exempt from the 14 days quarantine period? How can the playing and non playing squad fly in and out and not be subject to the 14 days? Their families won't be travelling with them, so do they have to isolate from their families when they return?
Tigers have 2 remaining premiership games in that 14 day period, which I am assuming they will be playing in. I just feel I have missed something regarding all of the restrictions and their application to sports teams.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

WirralExile wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 am I must have missed something here, but I know that if I was to travel to France for any period of time, so flying in on Saturday, staying for around 6 hours and flying back again, I'd be subject to the mandatory 14 day quarantine period. So, is rugby exempt from the 14 days quarantine period? How can the playing and non playing squad fly in and out and not be subject to the 14 days? Their families won't be travelling with them, so do they have to isolate from their families when they return?
Tigers have 2 remaining premiership games in that 14 day period, which I am assuming they will be playing in. I just feel I have missed something regarding all of the restrictions and their application to sports teams.
Elite sports teams are exempt from quarantining as they carry out all training and playing matches under strict COVID procedures and have regular testing. Non playing staff are also working under the COVID Secure rules.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Thanks Tigerbeat. I am of course hoping the game goes ahead, we see a great performance from the lads and all return home safely to continue playing the remaining games.

I am assuming that given the late kick-off (8pm UK/9pm local) this may well be just a day trip with very little risk of exposure outside of the team "bubble".
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

No Taufua due to knee surgery, that's going to hurt. Isa will be licking his lips.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:19 pm No Taufua due to knee surgery, that's going to hurt. Isa will be licking his lips.
I think based on fitness our best back row is

Wells
Reffell
Liebenberg

Wallace on the bench
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So team wise I am guessing it will be similar to the one named to face Castres. Porter has been passed fit after failing his HIA and hopefully will get the nod at 13 and with the injury to Taufua I think Reffell is likely to step in at 7.

15 Freddie Steward
14 Kini Murimurivalu
13 Guy Porter
12 Matt Scott
11 Nemani Nadolo
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs (vc)
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole (vc)
4 Tomás Lavanini
5 Calum Green
6 Harry Wells
7 Tommy Reffell
8 Hanro Liebenberg

Replacements:

16 Charlie Clare
17 Facundo Gigena
18 Nephi Leatigaga
19 Sam Lewis
20 Luke Wallace
21 Ben White
22 Zack Henry
23 Harry Potter

Scottish referee Mike Adamson will be in charge of the SF (he was due to officiate the QF vs. Castres)
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Will probably be Henderson on the bench over Lewis.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:47 pm Will probably be Henderson on the bench over Lewis.
Good point I think you’re probably right
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:42 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:47 pm Will probably be Henderson on the bench over Lewis.
I reckon Enever may get the nod with a full strength team from the bench
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:17 am
WirralExile wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 am I must have missed something here, but I know that if I was to travel to France for any period of time, so flying in on Saturday, staying for around 6 hours and flying back again, I'd be subject to the mandatory 14 day quarantine period. So, is rugby exempt from the 14 days quarantine period? How can the playing and non playing squad fly in and out and not be subject to the 14 days? Their families won't be travelling with them, so do they have to isolate from their families when they return?
Elite sports teams are exempt from quarantining as they carry out all training and playing matches under strict COVID procedures and have regular testing. Non playing staff are also working under the COVID Secure rules.
Indeed so, listed officially - if anyone wanted to google it - as:

International Elite Sportspersons

Domestic Elite Sportspersons
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:02 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:42 pm
I reckon Enever may get the nod with a full strength team from the bench
I thought he would for Castres but apparently he’s been injured and I haven’t heard any updates on his progress. I hope his fit to play though
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Looks as though Tigers team are travelling to Toulon today, so it looks as though (as of this moment) the game is going ahead.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

JP14 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:00 am Looks as though Tigers team are travelling to Toulon today, so it looks as though (as of this moment) the game is going ahead.
It is a standard requirement that the away team should be in the Country where they are playing the day before the fixture. Likewise the officials.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Teams up!

Leicester Tigers (v RC Toulonnais, Stade Felix-Mayol, Saturday 8.00pm - UK time)
TIGERS XV

15 Kini Murimurivalu

14 Harry Potter

13 Jaco Taute

12 Matt Scott

11 Nemani Nadolo

10 George Ford (vc)

9 Ben Youngs

1 Ellis Genge

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Dan Cole

4 Tomás Lavanini

5 Calum Green

6 Harry Wells

7 Tommy Reffell

8 Hanro Liebenberg

REPLACEMENTS

16 Charlie Clare

17 Facundo Gigena

18 Nephi Leatigaga

19 Thom Smith

20 Luke Wallace

21 Ben White

22 Zack Henry

23 Dan Kelly
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!