Search found 4679 matches

by kornboy130
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:36 pm
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5
Replies: 779
Views: 116084

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

This was raised at the supporters forum and smurf said that they were still negotiating with Manu but tigers could not compete with the French clubs Basically we're trying to get him on reduced terms, and rightfully so. NO marquee player should be from the current England contingent IMO. 20K per ma...
by kornboy130
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3
Replies: 679
Views: 101180

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Based on the current squad being at/or very near the salary cap, any further additions would have to be at the expense of someone already within the squad. Leatigaga is going to have to replace one of our current prop contingent, assuming we’d want to keep Genge and Cole, probably Bateman too, plus...
by kornboy130
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Matt Toomua
Replies: 43
Views: 7828

Re: Matt Toomua

Do we know that they are both definitely coming back before the NZ game? RC finished this weekend gone. It did indeed but there is the final Bledisloe cup match on 27th October Bledisloe Cup Match Match No.13 : Australia v New Zealand Date : Sat 27 Oct 2018 Venue :Nissan Stadium, Yokohama Kick Off ...
by kornboy130
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Matt Toomua
Replies: 43
Views: 7828

Re: Matt Toomua

Chobbsy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 am
Mark62 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 pm
Hopefully he will have flown straight back fro northern Argentina rather than Via Australia which will lessen the jet lag considerably
Do we know that they are both definitely coming back before the NZ game?
RC finished this weekend gone.
by kornboy130
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:46 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux
Replies: 590
Views: 92264

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part Deux

It makes me laugh, it really does! People just aren't happy with whoever we sign! We are bringing in an injury replacement for Genge, it's not going be a world class prop or a prop good enough to start at other Premiership clubs because if they are starters at other clubs, they will stay at that cl...
by kornboy130
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:00 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Will Evans
Replies: 27
Views: 5163

Re: Will Evans

Evans needs to do more, start offering the kind of impact on the game of the likes of Ewers or Armand, or Shalk Burger, Michael Rhodes or Jackson Wray. He is a smaller player there is no question about it and that is fine as long as they can do the business and have a positive impact. Teimana Harri...
by kornboy130
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 pm
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Brendon O'connor
Replies: 24
Views: 6403

Re: Brendon O'connor

Roly that is jsut far too short termist - Saracens' players often didn't start as super stars, sure they've signed a lot but guys who make up a lot fot he "bed rock" of that team aren't big names like Burger/Farrell etc but more guys like Wiles and Ellery who can do a very servicable job but certain...
by kornboy130
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Who is out there and available?
Replies: 49
Views: 10834

Re: Who is out there and available?

Dispensations have to be covering the injured player - there's a bit of leeway with backs playing across positions or 2nd rows playing flanker etc - but not to the extent a back row could be signed in replacement of an outside centre I'd suggest.
by kornboy130
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!
Replies: 728
Views: 164551

Re: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Scott11 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:04 am
Wont happen,Mckenzie named Chiefs vice caotain for next season!
Not an unusual move to try and persuade him to stay - I wouldn't close the door on this just yet as there's compelling arguments either way.
by kornboy130
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Manu to leave
Replies: 38
Views: 8769

Re: Manu to leave

Roly wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
The logic here is astounding.
Its perfectly sound, I wouldn't say it was astounding. But thankyou anyway.
Can't defend your position head on so just be facetious instead - so edgy.
by kornboy130
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:45 pm
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Manu to leave
Replies: 38
Views: 8769

Re: Manu to leave

If he gets his fitness and form back, i'd rather have him playing for us than against us. Be careful what you wish for. The temptation may be to shoe-horn him into a backline for club or country that's done quite nicely without him thank you. His re-inclusion could only be regressive. The logic her...
by kornboy130
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:27 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Owen Farrell
Replies: 21
Views: 3294

Re: Owen Farrell

I was happy to chastise his selection earlier in his career as I felt he lacked attacking impetus - but my how he's developed his game. He is very much one of the premier 10/12s in the world and is a big reason why watching England is a joy again.
by kornboy130
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:26 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 2
Replies: 736
Views: 133587

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

There could not be a better example of the application of pure logic (severity has nothing to do with logic). You are saying that just because something is better than what came before, it is beyond criticism. I gave an example (extreme, I'll give you) where applying the logic of your argument is o...
by kornboy130
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 2
Replies: 736
Views: 133587

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

No, I do not have a victim complex and I appreciate that BT's coverage and RT are much better (IMHO) than Sky's. But to use the improvement as a reason to not criticise? Hitler initially brought many improvements and increased prosperity to Germany. Using your logic, because things were better when...
by kornboy130
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am
Forum: Fans Forum
Topic: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 2
Replies: 736
Views: 133587

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Where will I find that strawclearer please? BTSport2HD @ 18.30 Rugby Tonight Extra - followed by Quins vs Tigers Also on tonight on BTSport 1 @ 9pm. This season's usual mucking about, with Rugby Tonight on Wednesdays except for Champions League weeks when we get Rugby Tonight Extra. BT's way of spe...