Black Lions match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Black Lions match

Post by LE18 »

Qbec wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:12 am LE18: The number 10 was that Luka Matkava as he is only 22 listed as being scrum & fly half, starting as scrum half in Rugby Europe Under-18 Championship in 2019.

So I assume he then moved the Fly Half as from 2022, he played there & then in 2023 he played in all Georgia's game in the 2023 Rugby Europe Championship, He then made his Rugby World Cup vs Australia.
Also played vs Glos in the Challenge Cup scored a try but they lost 10-15

So if what you say is true about what you saw & thought, then with the Cockers connection he & others maybe in the minds of the club.
Thanks Qbec I would definately be trying to sign him, he was absolutely a stand out, he started at FH and moved later to FB, fabulous runner made loads of breaks, much faster than anyone we have, lets go for him.

Ps we praised our SH Allen, he was very good but I was impressed by our replacement, he had a tremendously fast pass on him. Like I said previously I had difficulty identifying players, didn't like the colour of our shirts, red is the poorest colour for anyone with any sort of eye condition and the Letters on their backs were small and hard for me to read. Sadly this is what old age does to you. :smt005
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tbh all the loanees looked good I thought, could prob all fit the dev squad cap I think?
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

A brilliant performance felt an honour to watch the passion shown
Defence outstanding and brilliant tackles we have seen some of our future tonight ( I hope )
Great to see lots of first team squad supporting and Freddie walking around with a group of littlies carrying a flag !!
Shame not more turned up to support what was one of the best games of the season.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

nice night out but why were our water/medics etc wearing bibs that were the same colour as our shirts???? At time I was looking at a water boy/girl/etc when play was going on and could not tell the difference straight away
Hehehehehehehehe
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Why we wearing pink rather than proper Tigers’ shirts. Not a clash with the banana yellow and black of the Georgians.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 am I think Cusick and Edwards going does seem to potentially be a case of the club rating Allan and Myall ahead
For sure, hope we actually play them & we're not in the situation of releasing them in 2 seasons for the next batch of 19 year olds showing promise! I'd have Myall or Woodward on the bench v Sale. Nothing to lose really.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:52 pm Seb Smith was the replacement hooker, I think.
Yes, correct. Hit his throw well. First appearance for a senior Leicester team I think.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sk 88 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:41 am
Darc Tiger wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:52 pm Seb Smith was the replacement hooker, I think.
Yes, correct. Hit his throw well. First appearance for a senior Leicester team I think.
Archie Vanes was originally named as the replacement hooker, did he pull out injured?

This is a good result for the club, not only does it point towards a positive future of the club but it also helps create a bit of a selection dilemma for McKellar at a time when we've got injuries. Some of the senior lads might be looking over their shoulders in training this week.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 am
sk 88 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:41 am
Archie Vanes was originally named as the replacement hooker, did he pull out injured?

This is a good result for the club, not only does it point towards a positive future of the club but it also helps create a bit of a selection dilemma for McKellar at a time when we've got injuries. Some of the senior lads might be looking over their shoulders in training this week.
I'd assume so, as it was so wet and low attendance I only got to the ground 10 minutes before KO, and immediately went to the bar to dry off! So don't know if they announced anything to the ground.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sk 88 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:39 am
RagingBull wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 am I think Cusick and Edwards going does seem to potentially be a case of the club rating Allan and Myall ahead
For sure, hope we actually play them & we're not in the situation of releasing them in 2 seasons for the next batch of 19 year olds showing promise! I'd have Myall or Woodward on the bench v Sale. Nothing to lose really.

Certainly agree with that I really like the look of Myall some great reads in attack and defence

Honestly the defence by the young backs was really promising

Would certainly have Kinder starting on the wing
Myall on the bench although I would understand the draw of Kata on the bench as a impact player
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Huge fan of FTT. Something of the Brian Moore pit bull about him imo, huge future ahead of him
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:38 pm Myall on the bench although I would understand the draw of Kata on the bench as a impact player
Kata unavailable this week.....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

fentiger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:53 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:38 pm Myall on the bench although I would understand the draw of Kata on the bench as a impact player
Thought he did the course?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:18 pm
fentiger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:53 pm
Thought he did the course?
Sorry, I'd forgot that one of the games was last week1
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Is there any footage of this game online? I had a quick look on YouTube, but I wasn't able to find anything.