6 Nations Lions chat.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations Lions chat.

Post by drc_007 »

Noddy555 wrote:drc-007 aren't you forgetting Courtney Lawes, although he's a Saint he still deserves to be in the squad.
It is an interesting point, England play Itoje at lock (despite wearing 6 shirt) in preference to Lawes, if Kruis is fit would Lawes even get in the England side?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes I think he would his all round game is better than Kruis, I would even argue that Launchbury who by the way had a superb match last Saturday is better than Kruis. I think Jones' initial idea was to keep club mates Kruis and Itoje together
but now that Itoje is being used as a flanker, this may be no longer the case.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

You could make a very fair argument that you could just play the England team
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not sure how the BBC will cope, having sad that the 6N will go to final weekend, England win with a game to spare.

Obviously Scotland were unlucky to be spanked.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

mol2 wrote:Not sure how the BBC will cope, having sad that the 6N will go to final weekend, England win with a game to spare.

Obviously Scotland were unlucky to be spanked.
Yes, desperately unlucky to lose by 40 points.
Removing tongue from cheek, Brown's ridiculous tackle on Daly set the tone and it was downhill from there.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

In my humble opinion Launchbury has been the stand out 2nd row in the tournament and if form gets you on the Lions tour has to be one of the 1st names on the team sheet
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Whatever happens in Dublin next week, England should have by far the most players in the Lions squad/team.

But as SCW says the best teams are judged on their away performances; Ireland, Wales and Scotland have all failed away time and again (especially against the southern hemisphere teams, but also in this years 6N's), so if England could win in Dublin next week, it will be difficult not to pick the whole team/squad.

As Dayglo said, hopefully Gatland can spell Joseph...we already know he can spell Roberts and Davies!! :smt003

Come on Warren put aside your prejudices and do the right thing!
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote:In my humble opinion Launchbury has been the stand out 2nd row in the tournament and if form gets you on the Lions tour has to be one of the 1st names on the team sheet
:smt023 +1
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

strawclearer wrote:
Mark62 wrote:In my humble opinion Launchbury has been the stand out 2nd row in the tournament and if form gets you on the Lions tour has to be one of the 1st names on the team sheet
:smt023 +1
Could easily have picked up yet another MOTM award, Launchbury has been simply magnificent. I thought the Gray brothers were simply blown away yesterday, fine athletes but lack the edge of brutality needed at the highest level.

Also thought Hartley had his best game for England in a long while, I still think George is the better hooker.

The England 9, 10, 12 unit really play well together and have built up an almost telepathic understanding, there may be better players in each position but will they improve on the England trio who are certainly better than the sum of the parts?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Gatland is the wrong man for the job, he isn't doing much in his day job with a team allegedly full of "world class" players :smt005 . New Zealand might fear a team strong on English players, but they will not lose any sleep over Gats likely Welsh contingent.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote:Gatland is the wrong man for the job, he isn't doing much in his day job with a team allegedly full of "world class" players :smt005 . New Zealand might fear a team strong on English players, but they will not lose any sleep over Gats likely Welsh contingent.
Yep, I worry that yesterdays Welsh win will fuel a wholesale Lions take. Webb will get pole 9 despite being vulnerable to provocation, Bigger the 10.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

As of this second I'd probably start the England team. Apart from putting Itoje at lock so CJ Stander can play at 6. Possibly Hogg for Brown as well.